2016 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Republicans are now investigating the DOJ's role in the election.

I guess this is in response to the Dems pushing the Russia angle?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Senators mad at tech companies for not realizing Russia's impact on the election.

This is madness. If you honestly think bullshit ads on social media swayed people's votes, then those people shouldn't be allowed to vote. THEY'RE the actual problem. Plus, wasn't it already proven that most of those ads, false news, was ignored by the majority of people and only seen by right wing extremist types anyway?

Interestingly, I still don't see any investigations on Clinton and the DNC rigging the primaries or more about this dossier or basically any scandal from the left. Weird. It's almost as if the MSM is biased or something.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Former head of the DNC describes how Hillary bought the whole thing and used her power to rig the primaries and launder money.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-215774
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: Former head of the DNC describes how Hillary bought the whole thing and used her power to rig the primaries and launder money.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-215774
I think the money laundering is a problem. Not really seeing the problem with her buying the operation, other than transparency with the base. Obama had pretty much decimated the party financially. She saved it, albeit for her own self serving reasons.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Not really seeing the problem with her buying the operation, other than transparency with the base. Obama had pretty much decimated the party financially. She saved it, albeit for her own self serving reasons.
Yeah, I see this just as politics and a product of stupid decisions made earlier.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: Not really seeing the problem with her buying the operation, other than transparency with the base. Obama had pretty much decimated the party financially. She saved it, albeit for her own self serving reasons.
Yeah, I see this just as politics and a product of stupid decisions made earlier.
Yes, this is a better way of saying it rather than my stating "I don't see a problem with it". It's slimy, but no more so than usual politics.

Now it's looking like at of the demands about staffing etc. in the DNC by the Clinton campaign was for the general and not the primary. That's pretty much normal fare for any party's presidential candidate. After the primary. they get a big say in the operation of the national party.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Markets are tanking on the news.
Premarkets were down more than 600 points that night...

Stock market hit 26,616 today. Up 50%... The news will call it less since the market only hit those #s pre-market. Dow closed at 18,332 the afternoon of the election. Up 45% since that day.

Wow.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's weird how nobody focuses on the economy right now. Just tweets and Russia.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Russian hackers successfully penetrated voter rolls in "small number" of states.

W says it's pretty clear Russia meddled in our election.

Serious question: If we can prove all of this, why aren't we declaring war on Russia? At the very least why aren't we filing some complaint with the UN or whoever to punish Russia? Seems like such an attempt at espionage would be grounds for some action.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Meddled" means nothing. If they hacked vote machines, they "meddled." If they paid off poll workers, they "meddled." If they bought a facebook ad that said "LOL HIllary," they "meddled."

Paying off election officials is one thing, but I hope we wouldn't go to war over "LOL HIllary."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Serious question: If we can prove all of this, why aren't we declaring war on Russia? At the very least why aren't we filing some complaint with the UN or whoever to punish Russia? Seems like such an attempt at espionage would be grounds for some action.
What Gordo said. The US "meddled" in the Israel election indirectly by funding groups that were running anti Netanyahu programs. But the Democrats and Republicans both see each other as greater enemies than the Russians anyway. Even though they actually work together quite a bit (see the budget deal).
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My point was if there's so much proof, why is nothing being done. No complaints being filed with the UN, no military action, no boycotts, etc. The reason nothing is being done is because buying ads or running "fake news" doesn't mean shit.

I'm also still waiting for someone to explain to me how Russians buying ad space on FB is worse than the Chinese donating millions to the Clinton campaign (Bill's). Something that is illegal...
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: My point was if there's so much proof, why is nothing being done. No complaints being filed with the UN, no military action, no boycotts, etc. The reason nothing is being done is because buying ads or running "fake news" doesn't mean shit.
Oh, well that's easy. People in power are much more concerned with keeping both factions riled up against each other than doing anything to fix anything.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Democrats have been meddling in foreign elections.
1: Team Obama tried to defeat Bibi Netanyahu in Israel

In 2015, the Obama administration illegally funneled money to leftist opposition groups in Israel to help them bring down the government led by Benjamin Netanyahu: $350,000 was given to a group called OneVoice Movement (OVM).

This group said it wants to bring about "peace negotiations between Israel and Palestine." It goes without saying that OVM was and is against Netanyahu. That's bad enough, but leftover money was used to set up a leftist election machine in Israel that took on the Israeli leader.

Five American campaign experts were hired. One of them was President Obama's field director during the 2012 elections.

2: Team Obama tried to bring down the right-of-center government in Macedonia

Most Americans probably don't know where Macedonia is, but that didn't prevent the Obama administration from meddling in that country's internal affairs. Judicial Watch uncovered the relevant government documents:

[The documents] show the U.S. government has quietly spent millions of taxpayer dollars to destabilize the democratically elected, center-right government in Macedonia by colluding with leftwing, billionaire philanthropist George Soros.
We're talking about millions of dollars funneled from the State Department and USAID to Soros' groups in Macedonia. These groups' main purpose was to bring down the country's center-right government. The Obama administration actively helped those groups, and this work continued afterward.

3: Team Obama built up the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and helped to overthrow Hosni Mubarak

The United States government actively meddled in Egypt's politics and elections by supporting the fundamentalist Muslim Brotherhood. Team Obama was quite candid about that interference.

Yet we didn't hear one word of criticism from the mainstream media -- the same media that can't stop talking about Russia's supposed meddling in the U.S. presidential election last year.

4: Bill Clinton helped Boris Yeltsin stay in power in Russia

Back in the 1990s, Russia was led by a man Bill Clinton believed was a real democrat: Boris Yeltsin. As expert Stephen Cohen explains:

[P]olitical missionaries and evangelists, usually called "advisers", spread across Russia in the early and mid-1990s.
Clinton and his advisers actually called this interference "a policy of American tutelage."

Although Yeltsin was incredibly popular in the White House, the same couldn't be said for his popularity in Russia itself. Still the White House supported him and did everything in its power to keep him in the Kremlin. The result? Russian oligarchs enriched themselves beyond measure, and "the life expectancy for Russian men and women fell from 64 and 74 years respectively to 58 and 71 years."

Time magazine was quite open and transparent about the 1996 elections in Russia which were, shockingly, won by the highly unpopular Yeltsin. Their cover:

Yanks To the Rescue: The Secret Story of How American Advisers Helped Yeltsin Win
Vladimir Putin was already on the rise in Russian political circles back then, and he saw clearly what had happened: Yeltsin "won" the elections because of U.S. interference and meddling. It was Clinton who basically bought Yeltsin's victory by endorsing a $10.2 billion loan from the International Monetary Fund:

Yeltsin used the loan to bolster his popular support, telling voters that only he had the reformist credentials to secure such loans, according to media reports at the time. He used the money, in part, for social spending before the election, including payment of back wages and pensions.
5: Barack Obama's chief strategist David Axelrod tried to help Labour win elections in Britain

Last but not least, there's this:

The political strategist behind President Barack Obama’s White House victories is taking his talents across the pond to help Britain’s Labour Party.
David Axelrod will spend the next several months serving as the party’s “senior strategic advisor,” in an effort to get British opposition leader Ed Miliband elected as prime minister in May 2015. In a statement Friday, Axelrod said he had been impressed by Miliband’s ideas and says he has solid vision for the country’s future.

“Barack Obama articulated a vision which had, at its core, the experience of everyday people,” Axelrod said. “And everyday people responded, they organised and they overcame the odds. I see the same thing happening in Britain.”

Obviously, Axelrod wasn't an official representative of the American government, but everybody understood that he wouldn't be involved in Britain's elections if Obama disapproved. This was meddling -- and not just some fake news Facebook ads, either. Axelrod actively and officially campaigned on behalf of Labour, Britain's main opposition party.

Democrats are clearly using a double standard.

Of course one nation is trying to interfere in another nation's elections. There are very real interests at stake, which is why the U.S. -- especially under Democratic leadership -- has a long, long record of meddling in other country's internal affairs.

The U.S. does this all the time and had never been secretive about it, either. So why the outrage aimed at Russia now?

Simple: because Putin's interests are not aligned with the Democrats' interests. That's all there is to this story.
When do they get arrested?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

NBC News makes all the Russian tweets available for viewing.

You post that like it would matter to them. "Do as I say, not as I do."
GORDON wrote: When do they get arrested?
I assume never.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Watchdog group accuses Cambridge Analytica of violating U.S. Election laws.

Can we all agree that neither side learned shit from Trump's election?

The left is just laser focused on the Russians and outside interference, while ignoring their own outside influences and their rigged primaries.

The right continues to be clueless and is constantly alienating every conceivable voter base not old, white, and male.

Neither seems to know why or even care why Trump won. They just know the blame has to be anywhere but in the mirror.