2016 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Vince wrote:
Troy wrote: Republicans are The Borg, apparently.
Yeah, I found the "assimilation" thing... odd. Try to hold a different view than the collective on most issues in the Democrat party and see how welcoming they are.
I'm assuming these are shared values. But Assimilation and Individualism... are opposite right?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm not sure that they are. Can one not be part of the group without retaining his individuality?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: How deep did you go in each topic?
I'm not sure. I definitely didn't do all of the questions, but I did more than the base questions.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote:
Vince wrote:
Yeah, I found the "assimilation" thing... odd. Try to hold a different view than the collective on most issues in the Democrat party and see how welcoming they are.
I'm assuming these are shared values. But Assimilation and Individualism... are opposite right?
Assimilation is the counter-part to multiculturalism in terms of immigration.

Individualism vs collectivism on an economic outcomes scale.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Right? The "Cancel Culture" isn't a right wing movement.

That's a very, very odd classification.

Oh wait, they must be referencing how people who come into our melting pot should actually melt, rather than maintain loyalty to a different country...?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

I guess because people on the right say if you're coming to this country learn English?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Buncha Nazis i tell ya
Troy

Post by Troy »

Bizarrely, the official language of California is English.

Texas? None.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Hillary's email server was no big deal https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/18/us/p ... Position=1

According to state department investigation that just finished.

Oh, by the way, people involved in Ukraine efforts under Trump were using private phones for official business.

Yyaaauuu
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: According to state department investigation that just finished.
Yeah, and Epstein killed himself.
TheCatt wrote: Oh, by the way, people involved in Ukraine efforts under Trump were using private phones for official business.
I was more shocked by the amount of soap left in the shower this morning than this tidbit of information.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"It's true, we didn't really get anything juicy off her server."

~China
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: TheCatt wrote:
Source of the post According to state department investigation that just finished.

It was overseen by the Republicans, so talk to Chuck.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: TheCatt wrote:
Source of the post According to state department investigation that just finished.

It was overseen by the Republicans, so talk to Chuck.
I stand by my statement.

I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if some political favor was promised in exchange for looking the other way. None of these people are even remotely trustworthy. I mean, at this point, what would be gained for the Republicans by nailing Hillary? More to be gained by covering it up...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I mean, at this point, what would be gained for the Republicans by nailing Hillary? More to be gained by covering it up...
No doubt Trump will keep bringing it up anyway...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I mean, at this point, what would be gained for the Republicans by nailing Hillary? More to be gained by covering it up...
No doubt Trump will keep bringing it up anyway...
Well, he's not the brightest bulb in the pack. I also don't think he's in the loop for either party.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Oh, by the way, people involved in Ukraine efforts under Trump were using private phones for official business.

Yyaaauuu
Which people? Not that having officials using their private phones would shock me, but there are a lot of non-government people looking into the Ukraine stuff right now as well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:

Yyaaauuu
Which people? Not that having officials using their private phones would shock me, but there are a lot of non-government people looking into the Ukraine stuff right now as well.
People working in an official capacity for the United States.
but there are a lot of non-government people looking into the Ukraine stuff right now as well.
Speaking of which, why is Giuliani involved in any of this crap, since he's Trump's personal lawyer?
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Speaking of which, why is Giuliani involved in any of this crap, since he's Trump's personal lawyer?
I don't like it. Having said that, Trump's inability to weed out people that are working against him from people that are trying to forward his agenda is so piss poor that I can understand it.

I don't blame him for not counting on a group of bureaucrats that have shown a tendency, if not outright desire to knife him in the back at every opportunity. I do blame him for being too incompetent to get rid of those people before they started blowing him up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Trump received 304 electoral votes to Hillary Clinton's 227. Seven "faithless" electors voted for other candidates, costing Trump two votes and Clinton four. Hawaii's votes -- three for Clinton and one breaking from the state's results and supporting Bernie Sanders -- were the last to be counted.
In Washington state, four electors opted for other candidates, instead of backing Hillary Clinton. Three cast ballots for former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and one backed Faith Spotted Eagle, a Native American activist who's been involved in the North Dakota pipeline fight.
SCOTUS says states can compel their electors to vote for their states' winner. As I understand this, states can keep faithless electors from happening.