2016 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Vince

Re: 2016 General Election Thread

Post by Vince »

I think Faith Spotted Eagle is taking donations to fund his recount effort. Might take millions...
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I wish I could tell you that, having dodged the naggy bullet that was Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit, we can now spend the next four years being left alone. But that's not in the cards. Liberals won't -- because they can't -- pause to reflect on how they should stop being such insufferable jerks and live with us normals in peace and mutual respect. Instead, they are doubling down on their gambit for unrestrained power over every aspect of our lives, fueled by a hatred for Donald Trump that is, in reality, a hatred for us.
Remember, they really do hate us. Just ask them.

Just watch what they do. They will always side against us -- even when a professional scammer stages a fake "hate crime" on an airplane. They will side with the hoaxer even though every single "Trump-inspired hate crime" -- and almost all others -- turns out to be a hoax. Every. Single. One.

When it comes down to it, they are more worried that some buffoon will sneer at a woman trapped in burka than that the psychotic creep who stuck in it will butcher a bunch of normal Americans while shouting "Allah akbar!" We have to say "No" -- normal lives matter.

Understand that they will not stop. They will not change. We must therefore defeat them, because otherwise there will be no peace.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Whoever that is, tell them to climb down off their cross. We need more wood to burn. Wow, speaking of people with Messiah complexes...
Asked if Obama was attempting to “box in” Trump with the package of sanctions, Giuliani said “of course he is.”
“I will tell you that even those who are sympathetic to President Obama on most issues are saying that part of the reason he did this today was to quote ‘box in’ President-elect Trump,” incoming counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway said Thursday night on CNN. “That would be very unfortunate if politics were the motivating factor here. We can’t help but think that’s often true.”
Yep, everything's about you.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I sometimes wonder if the thing that is actually outdated in the Constitution is not guns, but the tolerance of religion.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Hard to understand what Obama is even doing with this Russia stance. Of course Russia was hacking us and we should be pretty upset about that. But Obama's reaction in his last three weeks in office to it seems like Presidential incontinence.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I've always thought Anthony Bourdain reeked of being a smug asshole, but I respect the shit out of him for this tidbit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:I've always thought Anthony Bourdain reeked of being a smug asshole, but I respect the shit out of him for this tidbit.
I think this is the best time to see and understand the difference between a liberal and a progressive.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Wonderful to see both parties imploding from within.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Little bit more possible voter fraud
Sheriff Brindell Wilkins said Wilkerson was hired in 2015 by a staffing agency tasked with filling temporary positions with the county elections board to prepare for the 2016 election. Last summer, elections director Tonya Burnette determined during a routine review of a mailing list that Wilkerson had been changing voter records without authorization and had made about 250 convicted felons eligible to vote, the sheriff said.
No word in the article as to whether or not any of them voted.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Apparently, Serbian media is blocking shit right now, but here's a breakdown according to the interwebs:
Serbia recently had an election, which is corrupt. Dead people voted and so did non citizens of Serbia. After the election work places were forced to register for who their workers voted for, if it wasn't the president they didn't get to work.

Therefore people are protesting, which the state owned media doesn't want the world to see. Therefore banning the media.
That made me think about our elections and laugh.

They're protesting. We argue if it happens enough to change outcomes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Russian hacker arrested that might be linked to U.S. Election.

Here's some comments from FB:
The voting machines contained a self deleting virus. The Truth is coming out!
This guy was posting this everywhere.
I hope you're correct. I live in Ohio and watched Bush steal the Ohio vote courtesy of Diebold CEO caught off mike saying Bush would surely win Ohio. An independent voter group came in and did an investigation. Over 900 voting "irregularities" were found.
Bush won Ohio by more than 118K votes.
I want this Election stuff with the "bots" and Russian involvement to be sorted out. If anyone has watched Homeland one can see how a radio person who is evil and wants to be powerful can influence public thinking.ANd how they manipulate things electronically to "demonstrate" their authenticity. I think some relate more to what they see on TV rather than real life, so maybe there will be nakening of how so mnay are duped. ANd it is not being done by the "Main Street Media" but by this vast rightwing conspiracy that has been working towards controlling the public thinking for 30 years.
That vast right wing conspiracy that's controlling how you think... I'm not sure how anyone with a shred of awareness can look at our country right now and see "vast right wing conspiracy". Trump victory or not. I don't think the extreme right wingers are on board with all the anti-religion, trans, etc. movements.

One detail of this story all the whackadoos are ignoring is that the U.S. asked for this guy to be arrested. I know when I rig elections the first thing I do is arrest the tech guy who helped me so he can get the real story out...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

That article is so vague, it could fulfill anyone's wish about election tampering. It could be the guy just posted fake new articles.

Or, the DNC hacking. But nothing here suggests direct vote tampering.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's what bugs me about this "election was hacked" thing.

They keep mentioning the "fake news" and the DNC hack, but neither "won the election". Influenced voters? Perhaps, but what doesn't influence voters? Should we arrest Hollywood for influencing elections by inserting their opinions into their work?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

A conversation about where Democrats go next as a party inevitably turns into a discussion about whether it should embrace a form of economic populism similar to one pushed by Sen Bernie Sanders, or move instead to the political middle.
This two-party system is fucking awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Seth Rich might have been Wikileaks' leak.

The family is trying to refute it, but there's at least one federal investigator saying it's true.

Why is this important? Because if he was the one who leaked the emails that showed the DNC was rigging the primaries for Hillary, then Rich's murder now has motive.

Not for nothing, but why is it completely unimportant and forgotten that the DNC was caught trying to change the political direction of the country illegally?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Obviously you are just trying to deflect with fake news.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Seth Rich might have been Wikileaks' leak.

The family is trying to refute it, but there's at least one federal investigator saying it's true.

Why is this important? Because if he was the one who leaked the emails that showed the DNC was rigging the primaries for Hillary, then Rich's murder now has motive.

Not for nothing, but why is it completely unimportant and forgotten that the DNC was caught trying to change the political direction of the country illegally?
This one is more interesting to me. I'd be interested to hear more. In the age of leaking ships, I'd have expected to hear more than unconfirmed circumstances. The family certainly doesn't seem to be interested in going down any rabbit holes.

But if it's true, the guy was a leaker right? I thought death was the right sentence here?

(I would like to hear a source that isn't a fox news contributor with no first-hand knowledge of the case)

e: Alex Jones all over this too, suggests Pizzagate style conspiracy group at work
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The only person I know who ever talks about Alex Jones or reads Infowars is a liberal. Interesting.