The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: West Virginia GOP definitely hates the gays.

Shit like this is why Republicans are losing the PR war.

How do you hate someone for being born a certain way? I mean, expect Patriots fans. Fuck them.
At this point, it'd be awesome if Jesus could come back for a day and clarify his position on current topics.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

GLAAD Survey: Young People Become Less Accepting of LGBTQ People, Because of Trump and ‘Newness’ Factor

I think they're wishcasting on the cause here. I suspect it has something more to do with fascistic rainbow jihad than millennials falling in line with Trump.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: At this point, it'd be awesome if Jesus could come back for a day and clarify his position on current topics.
Right? Maybe he could bring the founding fathers along for a chat with our elected leaders.

I'm also 99.9% sure he would also say "Fuck the Patriots."
Vince wrote: GLAAD Survey: Young People Become Less Accepting of LGBTQ People, Because of Trump and ‘Newness’ Factor

I think they're wishcasting on the cause here. I suspect it has something more to do with fascistic rainbow jihad than millennials falling in line with Trump.
I'm always immediately suspect when a group with position X does a study and the results support whatever argument they're making.

The results may be legit, but I agree with you that their conclusions are not. Shove something down people's throats and there will inevitably be a backlash. Doesn't matter what the message is, people get sick of being told to accept "x". Particularly when "x" comes at their expense.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Know the consequences for reporting some absolutely bullshit study in order to further your cause?

There aren't any.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: The results may be legit, but I agree with you that their conclusions are not. Shove something down people's throats and there will inevitably be a backlash. Doesn't matter what the message is, people get sick of being told to accept "x". Particularly when "x" comes at their expense.
I think they're probably pretty libertarian on the issue, but closer to the college experience where they're told that if you don't want to date a trans you're a homophobe and I think it pisses them off.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Heard an amusing one the other day: "There's no such thing as chicks with dicks. There are only guys with tits."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: they're told that if you don't want to date a trans you're a homophobe
That is definitely something that pisses me off.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Illinois GOP in trouble for "Jihad Squad" meme.

Meh. Who gives a fuck? Are we really going to pretend Trump memes don't flow around DNC HQ like water?

Senator Ron Johnson makes a stupid point to try and defend Trump's "love it or leave it".
Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

I prefer someone's "Four Horsewomen of the Apocalypse".
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Rep Steve King is still saying dumb things.

Listen, his words are more than likely true. However, why did they need to be said? How does that apply to society today?
Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

Yeah, there's a lot of "you could have kept that to yourself" spoken by politicians.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Well, the party retired in 2016, so why not?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I honestly don't know how people stay in the party.

-Trump's about the worst "leader" possible from a PR perspective.
-The MSM paints you as the greatest evil the world has ever known.
-Minorities have been told constantly that you hate them.
-The left compares you to Nazis.
-Other party members are constantly saying something stupid about women.
-Your entire platform is supposed to be about limited government and personal responsibility, neither of which seem to be the actual party platform anymore.

And yeah, you could do the same list about the political left, but the MSM is on their side and doesn't beat t horse to death for all of their missteps.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I honestly don't know how people stay in the party.
"Power!"
Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

I actually hate the Republicans more than the Democrats. The Democrats are more honest about what they are (especially as of late).
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I stopped paying attention years ago... has that changed? The dems used to very much be into portraying themselves as something they weren't. That was one of the reasons I tended to despise them more than a republican who would proudly, and honestly, claim to want to restrict women's rights. Because I hate lairs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Because I hate lairs.
Yet you still play D&D.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I.......... am completely lost as to your point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I.......... am completely lost as to your point.
Try reading it more slowly.