The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Is Russia still red? I thought they went capitalist.
If that's Capitalism...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:*Image*

Remember "Better dead than Red?"
True. They've swapped places. Remember when Ted Kennedy colluded with the KGB to try to get Reagan beaten in '84? And had Putin targeted Trump instead of Hillary, the Democrats would be wearing similar shirts. Or if the Russians release tapes of the meetings in Trump Tower the Russians will suddenly become upstanding international citizens again in the eyes of the press and the Democrats.

Everything is stupid.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

But let's pretend it's only one guy doing it. That's not ignorant and retarded at all.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: But let's pretend it's only one guy doing it. That's not ignorant and retarded at all.
Absolutely.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Republican charged with insider trading.

You know he's Republican, cuz CNN puts that in the headline.

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

WSJ takes a different approach

Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

I forget which report I first saw on this. It didn't have it in the headline, but was in the first line of the second paragraph. So things are getting somewhat better, I suppose.

But let's be honest, a New York Republican is still just a Democrat that isn't a communist.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I really feel like there should be special stipulations added when a public servant gets caught breaking the law, ala hate crimes.

Caught taking bribes? That's not just a corruption scandal, that's treason bitch!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I really feel like there should be special stipulations added when a public servant gets caught breaking the law, ala hate crimes.

Caught taking bribes? That's not just a corruption scandal, that's treason bitch!
Agree. Like Mike Pence, a higher moral standard for public officials.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I have absolutely no problem with any government official, at any level, being hit with harder penalties.when convicted of.a.crime.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Here's a pro tip for all politicians:

Stop lying about shit that's really simple to verify.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Here's a pro tip for all politicians:

Stop lying about shit that's really simple to verify.
Wow. It gets discredited like 3 times, and their response is still
Howard's campaign consultant, Anthony Pedicini, told the Washington Post that Howard's husband had been hospitalized Friday night after suffering cardiac arrest. She is "focused on him right now," he said, and not on "fake news."
This person should be banned from politics forever.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

She confesses

Originally says she's staying in the race (terrible idea), but her campaign website is now gone.
"It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone. I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree," the post read. "What I did was wrong and set a bad example for someone seeking public service. I am staying in the race and intend to win and lead by example from now on."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone.
Ha!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Republican anti-Jew conspiracy theorist wins state house primary.
“Looking back in history, unfortunately, Hitler was right about what was taking place in Germany. And who was behind it,” West said on KCXL radio in January 2017, The Kansas City Star reported Thursday.

He has spoken of “Jewish cabals” that are “harvesting baby parts” from Planned Parenthood, abuse children and control the Republican Party. West also has a YouTube channel on which he has made homophobic, anti-Semitic, Islamophobic and racist statements, according to The Star.

West will face Democratic incumbent Jon Carpenter in November.

On Thursday, the Missouri Republican Party denounced West’s “shocking and vile” comments.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

The Purge sounds more and more like a good idea.
Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

I think the Democrats are going to end up doing what the Republicans did during Obama. The Tea Party had some pretty crappy candidates across the nation, and the MSM liked to focus on those bad ones. Turns out that was not indicative to what was happening in the broader sense. While the press was focusing on the bad candidates, the Republicans were cleaning house elsewhere.

So what happened to the Democrats? I think they lost their messaging. The party became Obama. They burned through all their political capital to get the ACA passed and they were one and done. Obama did fine in '12, but there was nothing in the tank for the party itself. What was the party platform other than "Obama"? I don't remember any of the issues they were running under. Once Obama was done, they had nothing. Now it looks like Republicans are in the same boat. Democrats scare the hell out of me, but I vacillate between that and my new loathing of the Republican party determining if I'll even go to the polls this fall.

When Mark Sanford was elected to the house representing SC, I was pretty shocked considering his past as the Gov. Once he got in office, he was a very conservative. He joined the Freedom Caucus and has a 93% liberty score with Conservative Review. And he lost his primary because he wasn't sufficient enough at ball washing for Trump. I was reading all these comments from Trump supporters about Sanford's infidelity (from previous to his being elected representative) by people with zero self awareness.

So I think Democrats will take back control of the House this election. Republicans will most likely hold the Senate, but I don't think they'll pick up any seats there that they should considering how many Senators are up for re-election in right to right leaning states. If Trump wins in '20 I fear the Dems will be set to have it all in '24.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Major House Republican "might have" been a speaker at a white supremacist conference
Majority Whip Steve Scalise says he abhors hate groups, but acknowledged on Monday that he may have spoken at a white supremacist conference led by the notorious former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke in 2002.

“I didn’t know who all of these groups were and I detest any kind of hate group,” Scalise, the third highest-ranking Republican leader in the House, told the New Orleans Times-Picayune. “For anyone to suggest that I was involved with a group like that is insulting and ludicrous.”

WATCH: Top Republican addressed racist group in 2002

The interview came hours after Scalise’s office acknowledged that a report claiming that the Louisiana congressman spoke at a gathering of the Duke-run European-American Unity and Rights Organization (EURO) as a state legislator in 2002 could be accurate. The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks extremist organizations, has listed EURO as a “white nationalist” hate group.

According to NBC News, an aide to Scalise said it was “highly likely” the Congressman spoke before the group, but Scalise told the Times-Picayune he had no memory of the event in question. He blamed a combination overzealous campaigning and an overworked staff for his alleged appearance.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I can believe he didn't know . They weren't exactly labeling themselves honestly. But... Time to score some political points. Go team!
Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

Agreed. Politicians get out and meet and greet during a campaign and they see the goal as how many people can we meet and speak to rather than who they're actually talking to.