Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

I don't want the schools doing this.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The Republican Party

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: I don't want the schools doing this.
I don't care if the school does it. I don't want the federal government mandating it. If your city or county or even your states wants to fund it, then that's on them. They can monitor it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

AUSTIN, Texas—He wears a jester hat, frequently tweets photos of women’s breasts and advocates for teaching in schools that Lyndon Johnson assassinated John F. Kennedy.

And he was the leading vote-getter for the Republican nomination to a seat on the Texas State Board of Education.

Robert Morrow, 55 years old, won nearly 55,000 votes in Tuesday’s election—40% of the total and more than either of his two competitors. His success came despite his party issuing an unprecedented anti-endorsement begging people not to vote for him.

Mr. Morrow’s platform seeks the imprisonment of President Trump on wholly unfounded allegations of sex crimes, accusations that he has leveled against multiple leading Republicans and Democrats. He also calls for schools to teach children his JFK assassination theory and offer pole dancing classes. The White House didn’t comment.

Local Republicans are now mobilizing to defeat him in a May runoff election where he will face school speech pathologist Lani Popp, who received 34% of votes. The winner will face a Democrat in November for a seat long held by the GOP.
Several Republicans who voted in precincts where Mr. Morrow won most or all of the votes said they didn’t remember who they had voted for in the race. Some said they based their decisions on who was Republican, seeming to misunderstand that all the primary ballot options were Republicans.

Selma Nombrana, 64, acknowledged she and her husband must have voted for Mr. Morrow because he won all the votes in their precinct. Ms. Nombrana said she went with her instinct, picking a name that she thought sounded like he wouldn’t support “transgender bathrooms or none of that stuff.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Credit where credit is due, and I hope you're sitting down for this one...

A politician actually admitted he was wrong.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Heard a weird sound this morning, seemed like a flock of geese or something. Anyway, went outside to investigate but I couldn't see any geese.

Turned out to be one of these.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Right?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

"We'll welcome any President to WV, except [the black one]"
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

To be fair to him, it is WV.

I think their state bird is crystal meth.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/controv ... dlines_hed

Republican Congressperson risked censure for officiating gay marriage by the party. Now gets a contested primary.
Riggleman told ABC News in an interview that he considers individual liberties a cornerstone of his campaign, and thinks attacks on liberties such as sexual preference are wrong.
I wish more people believed in personal liberties
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Republicans need to accept the fact that progress must be made. I'm down with their role as making things go slow so we don't drive off a cliff, but not moving doesn't work either.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

A Minnesota Republican Party county official has resigned after posting an image on Facebook comparing mask mandates to Jews being forced to wear Stars of David in Nazi Germany, the state party said on Tuesday.

Minnesota Republican Party Chairwoman Jennifer Carnahan confirmed the official's resignation in a statement on Tuesday. Earlier, she had repeated a lower ranking official's assertion that the Wabasha County Republican Party's Facebook page had been hacked -- an assertion that she retracted on Tuesday evening.
"The Republican Party of Minnesota has learned the Wabasha County Facebook page was not hacked last night, as believed by the Wabasha County Chair," Carnahan said in a statement Tuesday. "The offensive picture was unfortunately posted by a board member who has resigned effective immediately at the party's request."
She added that the state party as well as the county board "apologizes for this disappointing post," which she also called "vitriolic."
Does anyone ever actually get hacked, or is it always a lie?
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I really see no difference at all between making a group self-identify from the rest, and making all humans wear a mask for a few weeks to stop the spread of a virus. Because I am brain dead and believe everything I see.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Does anyone ever actually get hacked, or is it always a lie?
Sure seems like a lie in 75%+ of the cases.
GORDON wrote: I really see no difference at all between making a group self-identify from the rest, and making all humans wear a mask for a few weeks to stop the spread of a virus. Because I am brain dead and believe everything I see.
I really don't get equating masks with "the government is trying to control you!"

I've been in a car with someone spouting this nonsense while they were wearing a seatbelt...
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Wearing masks is the OPPOSITE of giving the gov't more control.

Facial recognition doesn't work. More anonymity. I would kind of dig if it held on, as a precaution/fashion statement.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Does anyone ever actually get hacked, or is it always a lie?
Sure seems like a lie in 75%+ of the cases.
In a world of "Fappening"-style weak emails, and the main goal of politics being to WIN above all else, I could actually see an organized effort to bust politician passwords, and make them look bad.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Wearing masks is the OPPOSITE of giving the gov't more control.

Facial recognition doesn't work. More anonymity. I would kind of dig if it held on, as a precaution/fashion statement.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/28/2134 ... nist-study

I predict masks in public will go back to being illegal, in spite of the virus.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
GORDON wrote: Wearing masks is the OPPOSITE of giving the gov't more control.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/28/2134 ... nist-study

I predict masks in public will go back to being illegal, in spite of the virus.
Used to be illegal in NC, thanks to the KKK.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I remember looking into it, for some reason, 15 or 20 years ago. Wherever I was at the time, there was a law making masks illegal in public.

So these are good times.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I remember looking into it, for some reason, 15 or 20 years ago. Wherever I was at the time, there was a law making masks illegal in public.

So these are good times.
It varies by state, iirc. In NC it was illegal until March due to the KKK masks. They had to make a law to make it OK.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Alabama lawmakerattended birthday party for KKK leader.
An Alabama lawmaker has resigned his position as a Baptist preacher after attending a birthday celebration for a KKK leader and posting about it on social media last weekend.

Alabama House of Representatives member Will Dismukes (R-Prattville) stepped down from his position as pastor of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in Prattville on Wednesday, July 29, according to The Alabama Baptist Publication.

It comes after days of public backlash from a Facebook post Dismukes made about attending a birthday party for KKK leader and Confederate general Nathan Bedford Forrest. The post was later deleted.

Dismukes announced on his Facebook page that he gave a prayer at the event in Selma on Saturday. At the same time, the late Civil Rights icon Rep. John Lewis was being taken over the Edmund Pettus bridge for the last time.

Alabama's Republican and Democratic parties released statements earlier this week denouncing Dismukes' actions.
Do you have birthday parties for dead people?