The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Do you have birthday parties for dead people?
Christmas?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Do you have birthday parties for dead people?
Christmas?
So that's Confederate Christmas? What do they give each other, presents wrapped in white flags?

I always "knew," but recently confirmed I had relatives on both sides of the war. No slave owners that I am aware of.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

This conversation reminds me that I just heard about a stand up comedian who was very "Andy Kauffman" like in his experimental comedy. He would wear a KKK outfit onto the stage and open with something like "Yeah, yeah, but do you know how hard it is to get this dry cleaned?"

It's so stupid that it's funny.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This conversation reminds me that I just heard about a stand up comedian who was very "Andy Kauffman" like in his experimental comedy. He would wear a KKK outfit onto the stage and open with something like "Yeah, yeah, but do you know how hard it is to get this dry cleaned?"

It's so stupid that it's funny.
That seems vaguely familiar, but I cannot place it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Conspiracy theorist wins runoff in GOP race.
Although the theory is nebulous enough to invite all kinds of interpretations from its adherents, at its core QAnon claims that President Donald Trump has been secretly fighting to bring down a cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles that has infiltrated all levels of the US government and other elite institutions.
To be fair, aside from the Satan-worship and Trump championing the fight, I think most Americans would absolutely agree that pedophiles have infiltrated all levels of the government and other elite institutions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: To be fair, aside from the Satan-worship and Trump championing the fight, I think most Americans would absolutely agree that pedophiles have infiltrated all levels of the government and other elite institutions.
Really? And if they did, they were probably there forever, not a new thing.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Yep, and that's why anyone sane/logical would agree they're everywhere.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Why do Republicans make America poor?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Because the rich have their money handed to them rather than having to earn it?

There does have to be some real reason for that discrepancy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: There does have to be some real reason for that discrepancy.
Obama + Clinton oversaw the 2 largest bull markets of our lifetime. Reagan got dinged by Black Friday, 1987. W got hit by the Great Recession. HW had a late recession in his term. Trump is now having his economic collapse (but the markets have recovered, so he's up 47% at the moment, roughly HW level).

As for the prior presidents... Hoover was president during the Great Depression, so that put Republicans into a giant hole (down 82%), Nixon saw stocks go down almost 30%.

I'm going to say it's mostly coincidence... but Clinton's term had some great fiscal prudence, the likes of which we haven't seen since.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: but Clinton's term had some great fiscal prudence, the likes of which we haven't seen since.
That gets explained by another pattern that's been discussed on this forum: Democratic presidents with a Republican controlled Congress = Good Times.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Ha!

National polling and common sense should have told them most people want or want for other 2 out of 3 of those things.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Ha!

National polling and common sense should have told them most people want or want for other 2 out of 3 of those things.
Right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

"My personal favorite" is something that never happened.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I've seen so much dumb shit pointed out as happening at the RNC, and all of it is deserved.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I've seen so much dumb shit pointed out as happening at the RNC, and all of it is deserved.
It feels like such an easy thing to fact check, but, right, we are talking about the Republicans.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I've seen so much dumb shit pointed out as happening at the RNC, and all of it is deserved.
It feels like such an easy thing to fact check, but, right, we are talking about the Republicans.
My wife asked me this morning why they have on all these fringe elements talking nonsense, and I told her about your post from the Republican party. They've tapped out. They have simply quit until the next election. They handed the keys to Trump and walked away.

Also, to be fair, I'm still waiting for a credible news source to call out Biden for giving the same speech, word for word, that he did in 2008.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They handed the keys to Trump and walked away.
Much sad.
Leisher wrote: I'm still waiting for a credible news source to call out Biden for giving the same speech, word for word, that he did in 2008.
I thought I saw it? But maybe he's just doing his Greatest Hits tour :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Much sad.
It really is, but honestly, it's their own fault that they lost control of their party. They ignored Trump until it was too late. Now they're bystanders as "mean spirited Michael Scott" leads their party into the next election.

At least the Ds seem to be doing their part, by cheating, to keep their fringe elements, Bernie, under control.
TheCatt wrote: I thought I saw it?
The only thing I saw was the tweet I posted here showing him delivering it in 2008 and now.