The second Obama term

For stuff that is general.
Malcolm

Re: The second Obama term

Post by Malcolm »

TPRJones wrote:You don't need real AI, you just need a coding bot that is more clever than it's own programmer and can make an even more clever coder bot. A few iterations of that and you get fake AI strong enough to do most jobs currently being done by most meat people.
You'll get better tools or smart/suggestion systems, but I wouldn't say that coding is a computable problem without real AI. I have lots of automata theory and mathematics in my corner. Even fake AI would choke under the customization clients require for their products.
You of all people should know that most people aren't all that bright and shouldn't be too hard to replace.
Yes but those aren't the people I compete with for work.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

VA doing great.
On Tuesday, Victoria Brahm, acting medical director at the center, announced that the VA was in the process of notifying 592 veterans treated by the dentist that they may be infected with hepatitis B, hepatitis C or HIV because he did not follow proper sterilization procedures.
Fucking seriously, I know tattoo parlours that have better records.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Patient dies in Oklahoma VA hospital with maggots in his wounds.

http://usmclife.com/2016/12/4-employees ... lahoma-va/
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Barry makes the claim that no foreign planned terrorist attack has taken place in his 8 years.

I'm not saying he's wrong, but I'm not sure he's right? Considering what's gone on the last 8 years I'm not sure I'd be making this a talking point.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Well, they still aren't sure of the motives of any attack committed by a Muslim.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:Well, they still aren't sure of the motives of any attack committed by a Muslim.
That's both funny and sad.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Obama threatens Russia.

Weird how nobody cared about the Clintons and Barrack taking foreign money...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Obama threatens Russia.

That doesn't matter until someone can show a massive conspiracy and convictions of people at the federal level.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote:Obama threatens Russia.

That doesn't matter until someone can show a massive conspiracy and convictions of people at the federal level.
Keep it real, Mulder.
GORDON
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by GORDON »

The FBI couldn't prosecute Hillary on her unsecure email server, because then they'd have to prosecute Obama for the same thing.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... te-hillary
So exclaimed Hillary Clinton’s close aide and confidante, Huma Abedin. The FBI had just shown her an old e-mail exchange, over Clinton’s private account, between the then-secretary of state and a second person, whose name Abedin did not recognize. The FBI then did what the FBI is never supposed to do: The agents informed their interviewee (Abedin) of the identity of the second person. It was the president of the United States, Barack Obama, using a pseudonym to conduct communications over a non-secure e-mail system — something anyone with a high-level security clearance, such as Huma Abedin, would instantly realize was a major breach.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... te-hillary
Leisher
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by Leisher »

Kind of puts the mocking "but her emails!" into a different light, huh?
GORDON
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by GORDON »

So drive around in Toledo a lot, I see maybe 25% of the city at least twice a year.

After Obamacare was considered to be constitutional, and "not a tax," but a fee (bullshit), and once the "you get to pay a fee if you don't have health insurance," I noticed lots of new construction around town... on hospitals. Hospitals either expanding, or building new, huge buildings, outright. They were going up quick. I can point out 5 brand new buildings that were completed since Obamacare, during Obama's Recession, and three others that are under construction. One of which is a 15ish story wing on a hospital.

Obamacare mandated a cap on profits an insurance company could make... I guess that was intended to keep the insurance premiums from going up. Instead, the loophole was that building new buildings was a good way to make profits not look like profits.

But anyway, then Trump took away that mandate.

All new construction has stopped on these incomplete buildings. There are three places where I have been looking at the same, half-built girders, since that happened, for at least half a year. And, since I only regularly see only about a quarter of the city, I can assume there are a few more construction sites just like it, around.

SO, the point of this I guess is YAY Obamacare. You're racist if you opposed it, just like how they always said.
Leisher
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by Leisher »

From an article about LeBron James. This is considered a "cool story":
In 2009, James was in nearby Silver Spring, Maryland, for the premiere of a documentary he produced about his high school years, "More Than A Game." He made a surprise visit to the White House, despite not being on Obama's official schedule for the day. James and friends Rich Paul, Maverick Carter and Randy Mims got a tour of the West Wing and met with Obama in the Oval Office. Obama even made visiting Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi wait a few minutes for a scheduled meeting.
Good for James. Not good for Obama. Delaying a meeting with another head of state so you can hero worship seems like an abuse of office.

Not saying I wouldn't do the same thing, but I didn't run for the office.
Leisher
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by Leisher »

Dems have been talking tough demanding Trump not give an inch to North Korea.

Turns out, they bent over a lot for Iran.

"The most transparent administration in history."
GORDON
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: All new construction has stopped on these incomplete buildings. There are three places where I have been looking at the same, half-built girders, since that happened, for at least half a year. And, since I only regularly see only about a quarter of the city, I can assume there are a few more construction sites just like it, around.
A month later, I've seen zero progress on these half-built wings.

Losing the mandate killed the raging kegger these health insurance companies were throwing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote: This week, over Mr. Baucus’s fierce opposition and without the Finance Committee’s imprimatur, Democratic leaders forced Internet sales tax legislation to the Senate floor. Montana is one of four states without a sales tax, and Mr. Baucus has tried to rally opposition to the Internet bill, which is championed by Senator Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, the Senate’s No. 2 Democrat.
Well, that never happened, but Supreme Court says states can force retailers to collect
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:17 am Rachel Dolezal is black.
Guess who's back?
Leisher
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:54 pm
Guess who's back?
And fired.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:21 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:54 pm
Guess who's back?
And fired.
So... did her underbody match her racial identity?
Leisher
Site Admin

The second Obama term

Post by Leisher »

I might be dropping a large photo dump later today that will answer that question.