What I wish I could say on Facebook

For stuff that is general.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I just don't feel like stirring the shit, but sometimes I think about it.

1. Ok, we'll let the Syrian refugees in, but they have to agree to bake a gay wedding cake.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The wage gap is mostly a myth.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I generally don't care for unions and I think democrats are slightly more evil than are republicans.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Maybe posting pictures of Michelle Obama and a monkey side by side isn't the best way to get folks to see your side of things.

I'm glad you're an atheist, but posting memes every day about how stupid people who believe in God are, probably isn't productive.

If your own family is unfriending you and you have former friends who refuse to socialize with you in real life now, perhaps you're the asshole?

All those could be directed at one person...

For one woman in particular:
I really love you as a person, but I know your real life isn't as awesome as you portray it on Facebook.

Edited By Leisher on 1447939837
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I forgot to mention something about clocks. Like:

We need to let these refugees in to support America's vital clock industry.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I did the French flag thing the first day. I'm not ashamed of it. I can't do shit to actually help out with the Paris attacks, nor do I want to post a FB post that nobody will read about the attacks. Thus, I show support that way. To me, it was such a minuscule little moment that took about 2 seconds real time.

Just like on Veteran's Day I post a thanks to my fellow vets and sometimes change my photo to the Air Force logo, but I guess that makes me an asshole too?

I guess the people who have green light bulbs outside their homes are pieces of shit too?

Memes like that are created and celebrated by smug assholes who want to shit on people and try to mock them for not really doing anything while they themselves do nothing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I can't do shit to actually help out with the Paris attacks...

Really?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:I did the French flag thing the first day. I'm not ashamed of it. I can't do shit to actually help out with the Paris attacks, nor do I want to post a FB post that nobody will read about the attacks. Thus, I show support that way. To me, it was such a minuscule little moment that took about 2 seconds real time.

Just like on Veteran's Day I post a thanks to my fellow vets and sometimes change my photo to the Air Force logo, but I guess that makes me an asshole too?

I guess the people who have green light bulbs outside their homes are pieces of shit too?

Memes like that are created and celebrated by smug assholes who want to shit on people and try to mock them for not really doing anything while they themselves do nothing.
AND THIS IS WHY I DIDNT POST IT ON FACEBOOK.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I give no fucks about your ugly baby(ies).
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:
I can't do shit to actually help out with the Paris attacks...
Really?
I give blood constantly. I also give a lot of money and time to charities. I'm one of the primary organizers for corporate sponsors for a friend's annual charity golf outing, and I'm pretty proud of that. I've worked with Special Olympic athletes. I'm also a veteran.

So...

And when I say I can't help I mean I'm thousands of miles away and past prime military age. So I'm not dropping my life to fly to France to provide comfort or medical help for a situation that was long over by the time I even knew it happened. I'm also not going to abandon my wife and kids to go fight a war. I already signed up for that shit when I was young.

What I can do is provide moral support.

I remember driving over an hour to my golf partner's father's showing. When he saw me he broke down weeping and embraced me for a bit. That made me feel great knowing I did the right thing by going. I didn't go there for that feeling though. I didn't take him money. I didn't go to the funeral. Hell, we barely spoke a word. I went there simply to let him know I was there if he needed me.

I guess I was an asshole for that too?

AND THIS IS WHY I DIDNT POST IT ON FACEBOOK.

When I typed that up I swear to you I was thinking to myself, and this is what I wouldn't respond with on FB.

Don't worry, I honestly don't take offense to you or Paul posting it. Remember, I signed up to die for your right to be wrong. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Tried... but can't. This is exactly why I defriend other people.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I wanted to take a pic of the guns we shot at Thanksgiving and caption it:
#refugeeswelcome
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Also this meme with the options:

1. Can't deport 11M illegals
2. Can confiscate 100M guns
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

This meme:
Kindergarten teachers are mostly women and nobody panics
Software devs are mostly men and everybody loses their minds

SRSLY, if I see this retarded-ass "when women stopped coding" thing again...
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

First they came for the assault weapons, but I didn't speak out because nobody needs an assault weapon.
Then they came for the sniper rifles, but I didn't speak out because nobody needs a sniper rifle.
Then they came for the handguns, but I didn't speak out because nobody needs a handgun.
Then they came for me...and I was fucked because they had all the guns.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was reading a TSA conversation elsewhere and I made this image but it would be rude if I posted it on facebook because of my bootlicking family members.

So one of you spread it around. No one likes any of you, anyway.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The reason is I get pestered to all hell if I don't make an appearance two states away twice per year. Driving's even worse because I either have to go through Iowa (FUCK Iowa) or Wisconsin with Minnesota plates, which is a couple notches above driving through Crip territory in a red car. And driving takes more than twice as long, with all airport travel time accounted for. Give me a viable high-speed train system that beats driving time and I'll happily tell the TSA to fuck itself until they start posting their fascist assholes selves at the train stations, raping my rights in the name of security.

They got things right one time in the past 16 years. It was a year or two ago. Didn't have to unpack things, didn't have to take my shoes off. If those fucking pricks could have made that permanent, I'd have called them human beings. As it is, they're reject rent-a-cops and bureaucrats sucking up oxygen that could be allotted to more deserving folk. Fuck them all.

Edited By Malcolm on 1451878087
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Dude, you don't need to explain yourself to me. The convenience of that time saved is def worth your integrity! You have your reasons! :-D
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I blame the dumb-ass voters who continually support Congressmen and presidents that keep the bloated TSA going. I'm sure you have your reasons for voting and it's totally worth your integrity.