Irrational Bitching

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And here we are, closing out the second week of the new year, and this morning in the gym there were more trainers standing around than there were people who came in to exercise. I guess the gym can ease off the staffing, now.

See you next year! Thanks for subsidizing my gym membership!

I can't help but think I am partially to blame for not hugging all the new people when they started. I probably discouraged them.... but hey, the gym is for physical fitness, not emotional well being. If you're having problems with your mental health, go see a shrink and stop doing curls on the squat rack.

Not directed at anyone here, of course. Just putting it out into the universe.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The parking lot at my joint is still filling up about an hour ahead of what I'm used to. Typically takes the entire month of January before it calms down.
I can't help but think I am partially to blame for not hugging all the new people when they started.

I think you'd discourage them more by hugging.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Gym was PACKED this morning, more people than even right after New Year's. The stairmasters were groaning under the stress. Fat content was WAY up. Delayed resolutioners?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Probably folks who wanted to avoid the early rush.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That place isn't going to know what's up when I disappear for 10 days in June on a father/son scuba road trip. They're going to be all "Where the fuck is GORDON? His dedication really motivates me."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:That place isn't going to know what's up when I disappear for 10 days in June on a father/son scuba road trip. They're going to be all "Where the fuck is GORDON? His dedication really motivates me."
You can tell all the locker room buddies you spent a few days going down with other guys.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Fuck you, old people, loading up the pool during lap swim with your numerous flotation devices and turtle-like movements. Fuck you all.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So the other day I go up to the gym, and there's a chair there that I sit on for 30 seconds while I get my earbuds and gloves and shit on, out of my bag. With my fucked up feet I have a hard time standing still and doing shit like that so I like sitting on that chair to do it.

Anyway, I get up there and this fat old guy is slumped in the chair with a blood pressure cuff on his arm and a pulse monitor on his finger with wires running to some device he was carrying. Eyes closed, not moving. He was in my spot so of course I hoped he was fucking dead.... I am usually in a foul mood in the mornings.

Anyway, I went elsewhere and hung up my jacket and shit, and then some other fucking old person was in my usual stretching spot on the wall... wished death on them... and my backup spot had a view of the fat guy so I took a secret pic. He still hadn't moved. As I stretched I was looking at him, not flinching. About 5 minutes after I took that pic one of the trainers noticed him, and woke him up or whatever the fuck, and helped him up, and helped him the fuck out of there.

Jesus christ.

And sometimes in the pool when it is full of the floating dead being in my way I wish Death, the literal incarnation of Death, would hear my thoughts and sweep over the water laying his icy gaze upon all of them, and then give me a nod for the "heads up" as he returned to the ether. I would push their floating corpses out of my lane and finish my laps, and I would sleep very well that night.

My mother-in-law is really making me hate the elderly.
Malcolm

Re: Irrational Bitching

Post by Malcolm »

People who slow down as they approach yellow lights yet STILL continue to crawl through the intersection so as to fuck over every other car behind them deserve death. Are you Hank Hill running from a pimp?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There's an intersection I hit frequently that has a flashing light to warn you the green light is going to yellow soon. I drive through there often enough to know exactly how far away from that warning sign I can be that if it starts flashing, I can still make the intersection.

I really fucking love the idiots that hit the brakes hard and are actually stopping at the intersection that still has a green fucking light.

Those people should be banned from driving for life.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

There are places up here that put sign + light rigs like that. They seem to have calculated the distance perfectly. Once the light begins flashing, it's like a starting line. If you aren't lateral or better with it, you aren't making it unless you accelerate like a mofo. They also have timer displays next to the walk/don't walk signal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Old people will NEVER have additional requirements put on them regarding new tests or anything to be able to drive.

Why?

They vote.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Old people will NEVER have additional requirements put on them regarding new tests or anything to be able to drive.

Why?

They vote.
Start punishing the people still allowing them to drive when an old person plows through a farmer's market, starting with their adult children who don't want to be burdened by their impaired parents no longer driving.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote:Old people will NEVER have additional requirements put on them regarding new tests or anything to be able to drive.

Why?

They vote.
Start punishing the people still allowing them to drive
So politicians? I'm in!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Up and down the line. I like the thought of punishing DMV people who renew licenses for people who are legally blind.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Why?

They vote.
No. It's because they or people who will be them in 10 years make up the majority of legislatures and executive offices.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:

Why?

They vote.
No. It's because they or people who will be them in 10 years make up the majority of legislatures and executive offices.
No, it's because they vote. Nobody turns out to vote like the elderly. They're cranky and have nothing better to do with their time.

You think the average lawmaker gives a rat's ass about what the elderly needs? They're rich. They don't live the same lives as other older folks.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Rich? Didn't know you could buy your way out of old.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You can't, but you can buy folks to do things for you.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

To all the uncivilized assholes in every large corporation who hold their team meetings in the corner of the floor instead of a fucking office:

You are uncivilized assholes who deserve immediate and repeated electro-shock therapy until such a time as you are fit to rejoin human society. Get a fucking room or fuck off and die.