Post by TheCatt »

OK, it's at some crazy amount again.

Who's buying?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Put me in for $5.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Put me in for 5, but it'll take me a few days to get it paypalled up.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'm in for $5... but uh, who lives in a Powerball state again?
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Vince, Tenn. Malcolm, Minn.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm in for $5... but uh, who lives in a Powerball state again?
I do, but I'm heading out of town this weekend. Interestingly enough, to another Powerball state, though.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Paul

Post by Paul »

I plan on buying some tickets today.

If I suck, scew you all.

If you guys win, hey, I was just kidding.

Seriously though, a friend's aunt won a big lottery and things got really sucky for her afterwards. Everyone kept approaching her for money. Charities hit you up the wazoo, family you've never heard of drop by with their hands out, people want you to invest in weird stuff, people try to rip you off, etc.

Those are problems I'm willing to deal with though.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I plan on buying some tickets today.

If I suck, scew you all.

If you guys win, hey, I was just kidding.

Seriously though, a friend's aunt won a big lottery and things got really sucky for her afterwards. Everyone kept approaching her for money. Charities hit you up the wazoo, family you've never heard of drop by with their hands out, people want you to invest in weird stuff, people try to rip you off, etc.

Those are problems I'm willing to deal with though.
You can get your ass an attorney & start claiming shit somewhat more easily.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Christ, it aint a big mystery to change your phone number and hire a personal secretary to screen your visitors. You're rich, for the love of fuck.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

I know a very quit place in Bali if you need to be set up Paul. About 6 months there to let thinks cool off and I'll even visit you once.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Did you know that you can win anonymously?

I know of a couple who had their attorney claim the prize on their behalf. They never had to appear before cameras, their families never found out, etc.

The secret would get out, but possibly not to family and friends. So you'd only have to deal with annoying charities and such. They're easy to get rid of as well. Just scream "Cock and Balls" at the top of your voice while they're trying to pitch you and eventually they'll stop calling.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Paul

Post by Paul »

Awesome!

I'd seriously consider the anonymous route.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I know of a couple who had their attorney claim the prize on their behalf. They never had to appear before cameras, their families never found out, etc.

From Powerball FAQ
CAN I REMAIN ANONYMOUS WHEN I HIT THE JACKPOT?
All but three states (DE, KS, ND) have laws that require the lottery to release the name and city of residence to anyone who asks. One state (SC) will keep your name secret if you request it, but if someone files a Freedom of Information Act request, you may have to file a plea with the judge to deny it.
Photos and press conferences are always up to you. Most of the time, it advisable to get it over with the press so that you don't have one or more reporters following you around to get that "exclusive" interview. A few more lotteries may work with you on setting up a trust or other partnership. You should contact the lottery for the details after you win.

Bummer.

Edited By Paul on 1140270380
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Uh, so do we have a buyer?
Paul

Post by Paul »

I sent my buyer out this morning.
I'm getting two tickets... because I think losing on the second ticket will humble me.
Mommy Dearest

Post by Mommy Dearest »

From Powerball FAQ
CAN I REMAIN ANONYMOUS WHEN I HIT THE JACKPOT?
All but three states (DE, KS, ND) have laws that require the lottery to release the name and city of residence to anyone who asks. One state (SC) will keep your name secret if you request it, but if someone files a Freedom of Information Act request, you may have to file a plea with the judge to deny it.
Photos and press conferences are always up to you. Most of the time, it advisable to get it over with the press so that you don't have one or more reporters following you around to get that "exclusive" interview. A few more lotteries may work with you on setting up a trust or other partnership. You should contact the lottery for the details after you win.
Bummer.
They file a Trust and release the name of the trust without having to annouce the beneficiary's of the Trust.
FYI
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I take it we didn't play.

I have 5 bones ready to go in Paypal for the next big jackpot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

MegaMillions is over 200 mil
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Mega Millions is up to $256mil if anyone buying.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm in for 5.