Iran

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Are they even allowed beer in Iran? I thought alcohol was haram in muslim countries.... so one would think "drugs" would be worse. Maybe nicotine?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wut wut? Also, doesn't that seem to be its own problem?
Considering it's very much against Islamic law and they're in a country that would happily kill them for it? Yes.

I think this was more of the hardliners trying to scare women into not going.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Or maybe the mullahs don't have the grip on the country they would want us to believe. They'll throw homosexuals off of rooptops now and then, and kill a woman for getting raped, but maybe that's all for show?
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

It's been said many times and in various outlets (left,, right, and center) that Iran does indeed have an uprising of sorts going on right now. Hardliners are getting a lot more push back from people who want more freedom.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's been said many times and in various outlets (left,, right, and center) that Iran does indeed have an uprising of sorts going on right now. Hardliners are getting a lot more push back from people who want more freedom.
They should have thought of that 40 years ago, right?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: It's been said many times and in various outlets (left,, right, and center) that Iran does indeed have an uprising of sorts going on right now. Hardliners are getting a lot more push back from people who want more freedom.
They should have thought of that 40 years ago, right?
Ha! I thought the same thing.

If Iran wants to maintain total control, they have to take the North Korea approach. Without controlling ALL information, people are going to see freedom that others have via media, the interwebs, etc. and want that for themselves.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Iran shoots two missiles at their own ship and then blames the Saudis for it.

OK, that's my headline, but read the article and you'll probably come to the same conclusion.

Iran seems desperate to start a military conflict. Such a conflict would be a good way for the hardliners to maintain power and put the moderate movement on the back burners.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Does she like Doctor Who and Game of Thrones?
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Does she like Doctor Who and Game of Thrones?
To save her life and live free she'll like whatever you tell her to like.
Troy

Iran

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Does she like Doctor Who and Game of Thrones?
Surprised GoT is still on that must-have list after what they did to us.

Can't she be an Expanse fan instead?
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Hmm. I don't know.

And yes, Expanse is a better answer. Or perhaps, "What are her thoughts about S8 of GoT?"
Troy

Iran

Post by Troy »

Holy shit did we just start a hot war with Iran.
https://twitter.com/abc/status/1212918542187859980

E: I hate twitter tags
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Just get rid of the ? And everything after it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, they probably started it by attacking the embassy.
Troy

Iran

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: To be fair, they probably started it by attacking the embassy.
It’s a marked transition from “proxy war” to something else.

Iran has been looking for ANYTHING to fire off. They swarmed a three ship carrier group with 30 swift boats a week ago. This is absolutely about to pop off.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Iran has been looking for ANYTHING to fire off.
True. I stated that previously in the Iran thread. Their hardliners want something to rally their people around because they're losing control to progress.
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

I think Iran has been wanting to stay suspended between a hot war and what they've been doing to get the people behind them. One way or another I suspect their regime is coming to an end.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: To be fair, they probably started it by attacking the embassy.
Add to that, he was back in Iraq (they suspect) to start up some more assaults on diplomats in Iraq. What is it they say? "If you don't start no shit there won't be no shit"?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren