Iran

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

My dollar says that we'll rek them with missiles and airstrikes for at least 12 months before American boots (aside from covert Seals) are on the ground. We'll enforce a no-fly zone for X-Amount of time, then effect regime change.

That's my dollar.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Hope you filled up your gas tanks today.
We make our own oil now.
If we didn't export it and kept it all to ourselves we'd prolly be in good shape.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Iran just missiled a US airbase.

That was a hilarious mistake. Make popcorn.
Stocks are down 200 pts in futures.
Futures down 400 pts...
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Everything will be fine if Iran has no working infrastructure by this time next week.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

So far it looks like no U.S. casualties, but there are Iraqi casualties.

Also, Iran is saying if the U.S. responds they will attack Israel, the UAE, and within the U.S.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

They went all-in tonight. Ballsy.

I bet the leadership was tucked into their bunkers before they did.
Troy

Iran

Post by Troy »

I wish everyone would stop. I don't want to pay for this stupid war. I don't want to have to support this rash and dumb President. I don't want to go along with the ideology that flocked to his populist bullshit. I hope enough of Americans like me vote this year. It's mostly going to be Iraqi's being slaughtered. Easy to play with human lives that don't vote for you.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

One of the military folks on CNN just said the U.S. was watching the missile launchers all day. They watched them leave their storage area, watched them position themselves, and watched them prepare. That would explain why there are no U.S. casualties announced yet.

I'd bet my dollar that someone had to explain to Trump tonight why we can't nuke Iran.
Troy wrote: I don't want to go along with the ideology that flocked to his populist bullshit.
Only part of your statement I have any sort of disagreement with. Only because I think the other side's bullshit is at least equally, and honestly far more, populist. But we can discuss all of that once we're past this pissing match between needle dicks.

As for the Iraq stuff, CNN expert in the area says if Iraq jettisons the U.S. they'd be playing right into Iran's hands. Point being, Iran is not friends with Iraq, never have been, and they are basically trying to take control of Iraq.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

No address tonight and national security advisers and Pence have left the White House, so...no response tonight?

Calm heads prevailing?
Troy

Iran

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
Troy wrote: I don't want to go along with the ideology that flocked to his populist bullshit.
Only part of your statement I have any sort of disagreement with. Only because I think the other side's bullshit is at least equally, and honestly far more, populist. But we can discuss all of that once we're past this pissing match between needle dicks.
Would it help if I said that Bernie Sanders was also full of populist bullshit?
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

I think he was already tripping balls for the night when things popped off, so they need to wait until tomorrow when he can pretend to be sober.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Weird timing.
Troy wrote: Would it help if I said that Bernie Sanders was also full of populist bullshit?
Indeed he is, but I think they all are. One side screams about God, values, and external threats. The other screams about oppression by the rich/corporations, social progress, and free stuff. Both claim the government is the solution.
Cakedaddy

Iran

Post by Cakedaddy »

You can't complain that Trump is president when you put up Hillary as the alternative.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Weird timing.
Right? And won't hand over the black box. First Russia gets to shoot down a plane, now Iran does.

Stock markets have shrugged off last night's attacks. Guess we'll see where this goes
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

I suspect Iran either all but broadcast their targets and intent or outright made some back channel calls to warn about these attacks in advance. No casualties. Iran is acting as though that's enough for them. I think they wanted a face saving out and we let them have it because they still look pretty sad.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: You can't complain that Trump is president when you put up Hillary as the alternative.
This is not wrong.
TheCatt wrote: Right? And won't hand over the black box. First Russia gets to shoot down a plane, now Iran does.
I was actually shocked they didn't blame the U.S., and then I started thinking, "I wonder if those dumb fucks were so trigger happy over an American response that they accidentally shot down a civilian jet?"
Vince wrote: I suspect Iran either all but broadcast their targets and intent or outright made some back channel calls to warn about these attacks in advance. No casualties.
Well, as I said earlier, the U.S.' spy satellites were watching the missile launchers move and setup all day. That's why nobody was hurt. The troops were all inside shelters long before the missiles hit.
Vince wrote: Iran is acting as though that's enough for them. I think they wanted a face saving out and we let them have it because they still look pretty sad.
This was the perfect scenario for them because they can wave their dick around claiming they attacked us, but knowing that they attack wouldn't provoke a response. Even if it did, they could then point out the U.S.' response killed X number of people, while theirs killed 0 making the U.S. the bad guy.

CNN also also similar thoughts on this.

Trump is talking at 11 a.m. today. I hope he doesn't brag about how no American even had a scratch, and mock the Iranians. Instead he should high road them. Suggest he decided that before this escalates to war he wanted to give negotiations a chance. Invite them to the table for real talks to end bloodshed in the region, and list examples of their involvement that we can directly prove. You'd not only be high roading them, and making them be the aggressor, but you'd be fueling the already burning dissension within Iran.

And holy fuck would it make everyone's minds explode here in the states. Because, admit it, we expect the 11 am speech to be nothing more than dick waving.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Trump is talking at 11 a.m. today. I hope he doesn't brag about how no American even had a scratch, and mock the Iranians. Instead he should high road them. Suggest he decided that before this escalates to war he wanted to give negotiations a chance. Invite them to the table for real talks to end bloodshed in the region, and list examples of their involvement that we can directly prove. You'd not only be high roading them, and making them be the aggressor, but you'd be fueling the already burning dissension within Iran.
https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-17-2018/vJ81Cc.mp4
Vince

Iran

Post by Vince »

I'm curious to see what brought down the Ukrainian airliner. Was Iran pissing itself so bad that it accidentally shot down a civilian air flight with their AA systems?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Troy

Iran

Post by Troy »

Vince wrote: I'm curious to see what brought down the Ukrainian airliner. Was Iran pissing itself so bad that it accidentally shot down a civilian air flight with their AA systems?
Way too coincidental to be a technical error. My best guess is some idiot Iranian military guy set his SAM to 'seek' mode to cover the capital right after the launches.

A missile impacting a passenger jet IS technically a problem.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Iran

Post by TheCatt »

"More sanctions" -> What's left to sanction?

He slurred a bunch of words in there.

Something something something NATO.

"We should work together on... shared priorities" I kinda want to make a "What? Destroying America?" joke, but I won't.