This Trayvon Martin BS

For stuff that is general.
Malcolm

Re: This Trayvon Martin BS

Post by Malcolm »

Fate bitchslaps George Zimmerman.
Zimmerman made headlines again Wednesday, this time for an ad posted on a firearm-auctioning website, GunBroker.
The post listed the weapon purportedly used to kill Martin at a starting bid of $5,000.
"I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American firearm icon," the post said. "The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012."
But while the auction site said many museums, including the Smithsonian Institution, have "expressed interest in owning and displaying the firearm," the Washington-based Smithsonian released a statement saying, "We have never expressed interest in collecting George Zimmerman's firearm, and have no plans to ever collect or display it in any museums."
Class act, that guy. He's doing a wonderful job building sympathy for the dead dude.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

As I said at the time, if only there were a way to not get shot while slamming someones head against the pavement. None of us are safe.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

If only there were a way not auction off a gun used to kill someone and troll the internet or not get out of a car while having delusions of playing junior detective.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

None of those things are against the law.... except maybe the auctioning of a gun. That may be illegal. But I applaud the level of troll.

Near as I can tell, you hate cops, and also hate vigilantes. Hmmm.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

He was following a dude in his neighbourhood he considered shady. If the kid had him cornered in an alley and tried to shake him down, that's one thing. Hell, if he found him crawling out of someone's window with their flat screen, I'd hear an argument. This was his paranoid ass overreacting to some break-ins nearby and getting all Walker: Texas Ranger without the pesky details of evidence or proof or anything resembling proper security experience of any kind. Is he lucky he had a gun to blast someone that may have picked a fight with him? I guess, but he decided to play boy scout and no one made him do it. He put himself in harm's way without sound reasoning prior, and I sure as shit ain't seen anything ex post facto to justify his actions.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It isn't illegal to follow someone, or even ask them questions. And it sounds like his instincts about Trayvon being a bad element were accurate, since Trayvon attacked him.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Some motherfucker I don't know walks up on my back in the dead of night and maybe starts flashing his pistol from his belt or pocket without a badge? Depending on a lot of things, I might make the first move, too, especially if I'm alone and unarmed. I got no love for either of the douchebags involved in this. One got off a lot easier than the other for his stupid behaviour, regardless of legality. Tragically Trayvon wasn't carrying, because the world would seem to be a calmer place with both those assholes checked out.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:Some motherfucker I don't know walks up on my back in the dead of night and maybe starts flashing his pistol from his belt or pocket without a badge? Depending on a lot of things, I might make the first move, too, especially if I'm alone and unarmed.
I'm a former Marine and even I know you don't attack a guy with a gun with your bare hands.

Trayvon was Keeping it Real, and it went bad on him. Punk mother fuckers gotta get shot sometimes.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

And sometimes nosy motherfuckers get their face slammed into pavement.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Being nosy isn't a crime.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If only there were a way not auction off a gun used to kill someone and troll the internet
You do realize there's a market for memorabilia from serial killers? Why not sell the gun? Who is going to hire him? Dude needs the money.
He was following a dude in his neighbourhood he considered shady.
I'm still so torn on this topic. Zimmerman caused the incident to occur. No doubt at all. He's clearly not a very decent human being either based on his track record before and since. However, can we not pretend Trayvon was an upstanding community member? He was a thug. He, based on the case presented, initiated the violence that led to his death.

Citizens should be allowed to patrol their neighborhoods. Citizens should be allowed to own and carry firearms. Maybe Zimmerman should have gotten some training? Maybe he should have kept his ass in the car? Maybe Trayvon should have responded with politeness and answers instead of violence?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

You do realize there's a market for memorabilia from serial killers? Why not sell the gun? Who is going to hire him? Dude needs the money.
Yeah, but most of the time the dude that did the act isn't the one doing the auction. Then there's the way he's touting it as a piece of American weapons history and lying about who wants it.
I'm a former Marine and even I know you don't attack a guy with a gun with your bare hands.
If he doesn't have it drawn (but I still see it), he's giving off body language I don't like, and I have an opening, I'd take that chance in a second.
Say that to a cop while you take his picture during an arrest...

But back on hand, I'll repeat this shit again: this isn't about legality. The law means precisely dick unless it's enforced at the moment. There's nothing illegal about going for an evening stroll in your hoodie or demanding to know why a lone wolf "neighbourhood watch" dude is suddenly so interested in your motives and whereabouts. Fucking seriously, what made George different than a potential mugger? His uniform? His badge? Did he even have a fucking patch sewn onto his shirt? A jacket with the watch association logo? Any-fucking-thing that might have possibly identified him as something besides "random guy with a gun?" There was no court in session that fucking night and unless some heretofore undiscovered camera footage is unearthed, the only two people who really know what happened are: dead and untrustworthy, respectively. I saw two overamped pricks who seem to have spent both their lives encouraging and glorifying unnecessary confrontation and aggression. One was better armed. Either could have ended up dead.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:
If he doesn't have it drawn (but I still see it), he's giving off body language I don't like, and I have an opening, I'd take that chance in a second.
You said something about he was flashing it around, implying Trayvon knew he was packing. I don't remember if it went down likt that or not, but you said it, and I responded to what you said. If Trayvon knew and still attacked, there's another reason he has to die... he was too stupid to be allowed to live.
Say that to a cop while you take his picture during an arrest...
And it still isn't a crime.
I saw two overamped pricks who seem to have spent both their lives encouraging and glorifying unnecessary confrontation and aggression. One was better armed. Either could have ended up dead.
And the one who broke the law and attacked ended up dead. Happy ending.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

You have no idea who broke the law first. For all you know, George went for his gun, fumbled, and Trayvon took the chance to start the ball rolling. Perhaps the attack was entirely unprovoked. George doesn't strike me as a calm, cool, collected sort and probability plus psychology says he's as much to blame as the dead guy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Sure, I guess if we are going to speculate, the government killed trayvon as part of the black genocide and framed zimmmerman.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I'll sum this up in two words:
Fuck Trayvon
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:Fate bitchslaps George Zimmerman.
No sympathy after the sideshow that was his gun auction.
TheCatt
Site Admin

This Trayvon Martin BS

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

This Trayvon Martin BS

Post by Leisher »

Fuck him.

He did that shit to himself.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”