Walmart, and them cutting their costs

For stuff that is general.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

We've noticed that with Wal-Mart's low prices, comes smaller sizes. In other words, what use to be a 16oz jar for .99 is now a 12oz jar for .99. We've noticed that on bagged frozen vegitibles and many other products. Speaking of vegi's, we opened a bag of 'great value' or whatever the Wal-Mart super cheap brand is, of broccoli. It was 90% stems and 10% 'trees'. Another way their 'great value' is not one. Lastly, their 'fresh' fruit department SUCKS balls, hardcore. The shit is so bruised and nasty that there's nothing worth buying.

Wal-Mart has really gone down hill.

But hell, everyone is doing that. Ice cream containers have shrunk down to next to nothing and you can't get Debbie treats for .25 any more either.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, was going to say that pretty much all food producers have been doing that for a couple years. Instead of raising prices, they surreptitiously shrunk quantities and kept the same prices.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

I think shopping for groceries at Walmart is a terrible idea in general.

Edited By Troy on 1290719532
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Ritz crackers is Ritz crackers, no matter what store they come from.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote:I think shopping for groceries at Walmart is a terrible idea in general.
Not saying you're saying this, but I have an open offer to anyone who wants me to shop elsewhere, for any reason, that I WILL shop elsewhere if they pay the difference in my increased grocery costs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Prepared foods don't get cheaper than Walmart/Target.

But yeah, we buy our produce type stuff at a grocery store.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:Prepared foods don't get cheaper than Walmart/Target.

But yeah, we buy our produce type stuff at a grocery store.
I get my fruit and steak from a local place that has a butcher on premises, and I get my steaks custom cut. Can get a cheaper per-pound cost for NY strips if you have them cut an entire strip loin for you... I typically pay $5ish a pound and get enough steaks for 4 months. And the fruit is fresher there because there isn't a regional warehouse it goes to first like with Walmart.

But yeah, the bi-weekly "big grocery shop" is Walmart.
Troy

Post by Troy »

We typically buy produce and meat once a week. Since there are no Harris Teeters in Atlanta, the best alternative I've found is Publix, who is great about fresh foods, and all the Publix brand stuff is cheaper than you could even buy at Walmart.

Even before I figured out the Publix thing, I always could get good produce at Target, and cheap everything else to boot.

Maybe Walmarts are different in other states, but in Atlanta they aren't fantastic places to go shopping, in pretty much every way you could imagine.

Edited By Troy on 1290737355
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:
Troy wrote:I think shopping for groceries at Walmart is a terrible idea in general.
Not saying you're saying this, but I have an open offer to anyone who wants me to shop elsewhere, for any reason, that I WILL shop elsewhere if they pay the difference in my increased grocery costs.
Why would I care where you do your shopping? If it works for you, go for it.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Your Targets have produce? The grocery section of our Targets are slightly larger than that of a Seven Eleven. Actually, they are a lot bigger. But, not nearly enough to do any actual grocery shopping, let alone, produce. Unless you consider frozen peas produce. heheh

We like a local specialty shop for our produce and meat. WAY more fresh and cheaper than Wal-Mart and a much larger selection. We do the same thing with our meat, except it's tenderloin. Buy in bulk and have them cut it. When they trim all the excess fats and what not off, it's ground into hamburger for us. It's like eating a filet mignon hamburger. Friggin' awesome. Just sucks making two stops. Although, just went to a brand new Meijer store and was quite impressed with the quality of produce they had there. It all still had it's color and everything. Weren't there for produce though, so didn't pay attention to prices.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote:
GORDON wrote:
Why would I care where you do your shopping? If it works for you, go for it.
I WILL go for it, but not because you told me to.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Walmart dumps Cosmo due to their content.

I'm not a fan of a store telling shoppers what they should have access to based on content.

Also, this cannot be a great thing for Cosmo considering print is already struggling.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Walmart dumps Cosmo due to their content.

I'm not a fan of a store telling shoppers what they should have access to based on content.

Also, this cannot be a great thing for Cosmo considering print is already struggling.
One of the Hearst kids has been trying to get them moved off the checkout lines. She isn't trying to get them boycotted, just moved back with the adult magazines. I'm okay with the decision. Seems odd that SJWs can complain that skinny models in ads make young girls anorexic, but these articles don't do anything?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Eww.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Eww.
Prude.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Eww.
Prude.
Yeah come on! That’s how they make wine in prison, right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That can't be healthy for the woman.

Plot twist: She meant eat her pussy. The fruit is left there to mask the smell.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: That can't be healthy for the woman.
That's what I thought. I remembered the toxic shock syndrome deaths from leaving tampons in too long a couple decades ago.
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: That can't be healthy for the woman.
That's what I thought. I remembered the toxic shock syndrome deaths from leaving tampons in too long a couple decades ago.
Fresh pineapple's probably a bad choice too unless you want your vagina digested.
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story