The fireworks

For stuff that is general.
Troy

The fireworks

Post by Troy »

Are folks in more suburban and rural areas hearing unusually large numbers of fireworks too? In the bay area and apparently in other big cities we are getting super high grade fireworks
being lit up constantly into the early morning. Strong enough to frequently set off car alarms and the like. Every. Single. Night.

What's going on here? Just really dedicated idiots with stimulus money? Anarchists? The Government? Aliens? Something else?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The fireworks

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Are folks in more suburban and rural areas hearing unusually large numbers of fireworks too? In the bay area and apparently in other big cities we are getting super high grade fireworks
being lit up constantly into the early morning. Strong enough to frequently set off car alarms and the like. Every. Single. Night.

What's going on here? Just really dedicated idiots with stimulus money? Anarchists? The Government? Aliens? Something else?
I've just heard about this, this morning, from someone who lives in LA.

And no, quiet as a peep in our area. I heard a handful of fireworks while walking the dog (so probably 8:30 at night?) a couple of weeks ago, but that's it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

The fireworks

Post by Troy »

This is accurate. Imagine this every 15 minutes from the hours of midnight to 5a.
Less Conspiracy Theory: Many large July 4th gatherings have been cancelled, leading to a sudden influx on the black market of industrial grade fireworks?

I can't explain how regular civilians are shooting off hundreds of thousands of dollars in high grade fireworks otherwise.
thibodeaux

The fireworks

Post by thibodeaux »

I *did* hear fireworks in my neighborhood this weekend...can't remember if it was "Juneteenth" or what. Thought it was odd.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The fireworks

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Imagine this every 15 minutes from the hours of midnight to 5a.
Other people suck.
GORDON
Site Admin

The fireworks

Post by GORDON »

I've been hearing them more than past years, every night frequently until 11ish, then at random times. 2 am BOOM. 6 am lit-pack-of-firecrackers. It makes it super fun when you have the window open for that cool night air.

I secretly hope every time I hear them that someone just had their fingers blown off.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The fireworks

Post by Leisher »

Driving home from work Saturday night (a different story) I saw a bunch of private shows with much larger than normal fireworks. I actually was wondering if there was something going on or some holiday I didn't know about.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The fireworks

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

The fireworks

Post by thibodeaux »

Conspiracies abound over who's responsible
Top notch journalism there CNN. Conspiracies abound? Or conspiracy theories?

Retards.
Troy

The fireworks

Post by Troy »

Slept on it, more fireworks last night but not excessively late.

Reminded of my otherwise smart father retired back in NC. Statistics masters, programming manager... but also a Florida man through and through.

He somehow acquired some banned M80s - packs of pyrotechnic flash powder, look like tiny TNT sticks - in Cary NC in the early 90s.

He absolutely lit the whole pack off in our driveway, it's cool that you can light those and throw them in water buckets and they still go off. Underwater explosives.

Think there are just bored Florida man equivalents all over the country. Their ability to acquire fireworks didn't stop.
Last edited by Troy on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

The fireworks

Post by GORDON »

Every country boy knows an M-80 is a quarter stick of dynamite.
Troy

The fireworks

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Every country boy knows an M-80 is a quarter stick of dynamite.
Only certain kinds of M80s. Those specific ones are hella illegal nationwide and jailable for possession iirc.
GORDON
Site Admin

The fireworks

Post by GORDON »

Two different things with the same name?
Troy

The fireworks

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Two different things with the same name?
"M-80" is an arbitrary name and they aren't regulated. Diff amount or type of explosives in stuff with the same name.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The fireworks

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote:
GORDON wrote: Two different things with the same name?
"M-80" is an arbitrary name and they aren't regulated. Diff amount or type of explosives in stuff with the same name.
Yeah, they make legal M-80s that are tiny and dumb. Maybe not tiny... but not the stuff of legend. I was very disappointed when those were the first ones I saw years and years ago.
Cakedaddy

The fireworks

Post by Cakedaddy »

According to google, the 1/4 stick of dynamite is an urban legend. Also, any M-80 that any of us saw was most likely a fake, much smaller device with M-80 stamped on it.
thibodeaux

The fireworks

Post by thibodeaux »

Cakedaddy wrote: Also, any M-80 that any of us saw was most likely a fake, much smaller device with M-80 stamped on it.
Fake goods from China? I am shocked---SHOCKED.