Peaceful Protesting 2020

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Kate Brown is a jackass playing politics. The violence has been going on for a lot longer than the right wing counter protesters have been there you twat.
Yeah, but at this point most of them are.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Yeah, but at this point all of them are.
Fixed that for you.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Almost no one is sincere. Almost everyone has self-serving intentions.

In vietnam the hippy protesters held up signs, "Fighting for peace is like fucking for viginity." The people supposedly protesting against police brutality are the opposite of that, in spirit. I will doubt their understanding of the thing against which they are protesting for that reason.

I will criticize politicians for that because they actively lie that their intentions are altruistic when they aren't. Senior lawmakers are entrenched in the system and check with their monied masters before they do anything. Junior politicians don't get party support for reelection unless they fall in line and vote the way the senior politicians command.

Police have to stop killing people. Also, we need police. Something is going to break, somewhere.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

It's interesting to me this notion in science fiction, etc, where the world coalesces into a few super powers (EastAsia, New Europe, whatever)... when in reality, things appear to just be fractionalizing. I guess maybe it's more ebb + flow than that, but, jeez.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

The protesters WILL NOT enjoy the world that emerges 1 month after the police go away. A month is just long enough to realize there aren't any more rules, and people are getting hungry. Then the armed gangs form.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: It's interesting to me this notion in science fiction, etc, where the world coalesces into a few super powers (EastAsia, New Europe, whatever)... when in reality, things appear to just be fractionalizing. I guess maybe it's more ebb + flow than that, but, jeez.
I agree, but you have to admit the left sure does seem to be pushing towards the "one world" thing with open borders, giving the UN control, and whatnot.
GORDON wrote: The protesters WILL NOT enjoy the world that emerges 1 month after the police go away.
The only people who would enjoy that world are the strong (and armed) and people crazy into Darwinism.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

And Environmentalists who think the planet is much better off without people, and will try hard to make that happen. Like... maybe abolish police, as a step 1.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Instead of defunding the police, maybe monitor their overtime.

Avg Seattle popo makes $150k/yr. One dude made over $400k.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit! Although, to be fair, that's out West and probably equivalent to a $60K/yr job here. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

The dude averaged over 80 hours a week, and had 7 weeks in a row of over 100 hours. They are "investigating." Once or twice got paid for more than 24 hours in a single 24 hour period.

Reminded me of the kind of pinball-bumping Catt does in various video games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Reminded me of the kind of pinball-bumping Catt does in various video games.
You lost me? Am I a known cheat?
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

No, you min/max within existing rules. This guy may have followed all the rules to the letter and did what he did.

Or he's a fake employee and someone is scamming.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: No, you min/max within existing rules.
*phew* my cheating secret is still safe :)

But yes, you make rules, someone will figure out how to game them. Especially when you don't audit the results.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: No, you min/max within existing rules. This guy may have followed all the rules to the letter and did what he did.
This.

I've known many people in my life who played the system like that. In fact, there's a police chief in...googling...I can't find it. He's a white guy who told the mayor at the time that he would not waste police resources going after people who don't pay camera tickets. Anyway, he retired as chief in Toledo, and now is a chief out west. I believe he may have been a chief one other time too. So he's double dipping, if not triple dipping.

During my last year with that marketing company three of us worked for, I made so much money working overtime in a calendar year that they made me salary and gave me a $10K raise, which was actually a pay cut.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Troy »

Not sure this is accurate. I haven't gamed with Catt in a while but I recall the main criticism being that if you left for a weekend you'd come back on Monday and he'd be playing for the other team :lol:
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote:
Not sure this is accurate. I haven't gamed with Catt in a while but I recall the main criticism being that if you left for a weekend you'd come back on Monday and he'd be playing for the other team :lol:
HA!!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

HATERS GONNA HATE

Winners gonna win.