Peaceful Protesting 2020

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Sure. But then at least people won't die because of a no-knock warrant over weed, or something. Or any other kind of warrant. Because arming up with automatic rifles to catch someone selling weed is fucking ridiculous.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They've already made the no-knock warrants illegal, but I genuinely wonder if that's the right way to go? How about we end the stupid war on drugs, and then no-knock warrants are only going to be used for serial killers and terrorists?
Yes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: But then at least people won't die because of a no-knock warrant over weed, or something.
That's what I was going for.
GORDON wrote: Because arming up with automatic rifles to catch someone selling weed is fucking ridiculous.
It is silly. However, to be fair, if you look at the money involved, it isn't that silly. Can't really judge it on the product involved, but rather on the money that people would kill to have.

The government needs to get out of the drug war business and get into the drug dealing business. Declare all drugs legal as of [insert date here] with the stipulation that only licensed dealers will be able to sell them, and those dealers can only buy them from government approved vendors. Keep the prices around the same level and force cartels to turn into legit corporations to get approval to sell their products. Ha!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

I'd be curious to know what the black market weed trade is like in states with legalized weed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

It's still going strong in Ohio, but it's definitely tapering off. I know thanks to the members of my golf league who smoke weed. However, they can't wait for legalized pot. They get to dump their dealers and instead of getting what the dealer has, you get to choose from a shitton of product options at a legal store.

Bookies are going to suffer a similar fate. I currently place bets through my BIL's bookie, but next year online gambling will be legal in my state. I'm not a massive gambler as I only bet $5/week during football season, but bookies will be a thing of the past.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I'd be curious to know what the black market weed trade is like in states with legalized weed.
It still exists due to the high taxes involved on legalized weed, certification process, etc. But it's much smaller than it used to be.

One interesting side effect, is that legal marijuana will now cross state lines to places where it's still illegal, since they can grow more easily, at the wholesale level.
Leisher wrote: They get to dump their dealers and instead of getting what the dealer has, you get to choose from a shitton of product options at a legal store.
The first store I went to in Vegas after legalization was like going to a strip mall restaurant. It was OK, and there was nice product, but the presentation was dumpy, etc. The place I went the next two years was downtown steak house fancy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

I don't partake myself, but I have gone with people who do and the store are pretty impressive.

I am looking to get ahold of a magar as a gift for my golf partner.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I don't partake myself, but I have gone with people who do and the store are pretty impressive.

I am looking to get ahold of a magar as a gift for my golf partner.
How much would a THC one of those cost? that looks like it's, I dunno, 1/4 ounce? 1/3 ounce? That's a shitload of pot.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

They are full THC. I don't know why that dated ass site talks about them being CBD. One of their products is something that can be shipped out of Colorado, but the full THC magars cannot be.

I learned about their existence during a recent BillBert podcast. Apparently, Bert got a blunt from Snoop that was like a cigar and then they discussed Magars, which seem to still be real things. Bert said two puffs in and he was lit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Bert said two puffs in and he was lit.
I've heard pot's more potent than it used to be.

Read the thread, it's funny.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Following along in a reddit "all cops are bastards" forum, I can't help being struck by how short sighted these "eliminate all police" people are. Ostensibly, they just want to end police abuses. But then I read the comments of one person:
"The wife and I were just discussing moving to Mexico if there is a civil war here. She says, “Mexico is nice to visit, but it might be a dangerous place to live. Not only do they have the same problems with cops that we do, they have the cartels, which act like a second set of cops!” I thought that was pretty funny, comparing Los Zetas to bad cops instead of the other way around, but here we are.
These people don't realize.... we are absolutely moving toward having our own USA cartels, if they weaken the police force. Local strongmen, maybe they're benevolent, maybe not. 15 guys knocking on your door at night ready to collect "taxes." Hiding behind the "it's only censorship if the government does it," pretending they haven't become the government, and have no rulebook.

This is Sauron-level evil... these people have the absolute best intentions, but they're leading us to an apocalypse with the glee of a North Korean soldier parading in front of the Great Leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbC6dLG_dQY

May you live in interesting times.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

That’s a pretty disturbing level of lack of understanding and awareness. Cops definitely have some abuse issues, but to compare it to cartels? Seriously fucked up.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: That’s a pretty disturbing level of lack of understanding and awareness. Cops definitely have some abuse issues, but to compare it to cartels? Seriously fucked up.
That person is getting some criticism.

And some support.

This person agrees with me, says, "I lived through a collapse, and we're already here."
Troy

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Troy »

People are dying, so the Holocaust is probably already here too.

That writer is dumb. We aren't in the middle of a Sri Lankin middle war. 99% of us are sitting on our asses ordering things on Amazon lapping up media sensationalism.

It's a 100 year pandemic. We're managing it well, better than the last one for sure.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Well, the guy says that 99% of them were sitting on their asses soaking up media, while occasionally stepping over a dead body of a protester in the doorway.
Troy

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Troy »

In the last three months America has lost more people than Sri Lanka lost in 30 years of civil war. If this isn’t collapse, then the word has no meaning. You probably still think of Sri Lanka as a shithole, though the war ended over a decade ago and we’re fine. Then what does that make you?
Sri Lanka has a population of 20 million people. Two years of normal American deaths is the entire population of Sri Lanka.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Heh, you're the "everything is fine" meme guy. :-D
Troy

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Heh, you're the "everything is fine" meme guy. :-D
I understand it's a strange territory not shown much on the news, message boards.

But I believe
1. The virus is a serious threat that we all need to do our part. No repeat of the 1918 numbers (% wise)
2. Once we take actual steps and be responsible, society can continue in the meantime
3. Modern medicine is on top of this and we'll be back to normal by 2021
4. People are bored, sitting at home, civil unrest will rise. We all played Civ. Civil unrest happens.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Are you suggesting the multi-city riots and protests against the police are just because of the pandemic?