Peaceful Protesting 2020

For stuff that is general.
thibodeaux

Minneapolis Burning

Post by thibodeaux »

Ah..shithole-tier crime vs Ferrari, cigarette boat, and Scarface-tier crime.
GORDON
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by GORDON »

Word.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: I just wonder if people are serious with their calls to "abolish the police."
Article about Camden's story with defunding, cuz their police were super corrupt.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Minneapolis Burning

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote:
thibodeaux wrote: I just wonder if people are serious with their calls to "abolish the police."
Article about Camden's story with defunding, cuz their police were super corrupt.
"replaced it with an entirely new one."

I don't really think that's "defunding," is it?
So in 2012, officials voted to completely disband the department -- it was beyond reform.
And in 2013, the Camden County Police Department officially began its tenure. No other city of Camden's size has done anything quite like it.
So they just kicked it up to the county? Sounds like maybe the CITY GOVERNMENT is corrupt (shocking idea, I know).
TheCatt
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: "replaced it with an entirely new one."

I don't really think that's "defunding," is it?
Right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Police slashed a bunch of tires in Minneapolis, because... ? No, really, because??? They didn't respond.
I just saw on Yahoo the cops were ordered to slash those tires.

I think "being dicks" is still possible, but there's proof they were under orders.

I did ask a cop last night, and he said there would have to be an imminent threat or they were just being dicks. BTW, he thinks the main guy in the Minneapolis case should have been fired years ago. He also mentioned that while the MSM brings up the guy's 18 previous complaints, the one thing they're not talking about is why he was still employed despite recommendations that he be terminated...the union.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: the union.
WSJ had an article recently basically saying this. Police unions are the enemy, not policemen, per se. But, I mean, it's the WSJ, they'll take any angle on a union.
Leisher
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: the union.
WSJ had an article recently basically saying this. Police unions are the enemy, not policemen, per se. But, I mean, it's the WSJ, they'll take any angle on a union.
They're not wrong.

I appreciate unions defending people's jobs and pay and benefits, but there are way, way too many stories of shitty employees not being let go because of a union. "A few bad apples can spoil the bunch", right?

Here's a case where the union protecting a shitty employee cost someone their life. I'm sure it's not the first time.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by Leisher »

Twitter is all a flutter with reports that Antifa has "secured" a 6 block area in Seattle and is seceding from the U.S.

I'm guessing this isn't going to go well for them.

The comments here are great:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by TheCatt »

Fox News isn't reporting on it yet...
Leisher
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fox News isn't reporting on it yet...
I laughed.

In all seriousness, a comparison of the coverage of these recent events by the different media outlets would make someone a hell of a documentary, thesis, research project, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by GORDON »

This is what Simon Phoenix did.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Twitter is all a flutter with reports that Antifa has "secured" a 6 block area in Seattle and is seceding from the U.S.

I'm guessing this isn't going to go well for them.
#CHAZ
Leisher
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by Leisher »

Ha! Seems appropriate though doesn't it?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by TheCatt »

Carmen Best, the police chief, said in a video message on Thursday that the decision to leave the police station was not hers and that she was angry about how it developed. She also shared, without evidence, concerns about problems in the area, such as businesses being asked to pay money in exchange for protection.

Best said later in the day that nobody had made a formal report and that those issues were just circulating on places like social media. The Capitol Hill Business Alliance said it had been reaching out to businesses in the area and found no reports of any such problems.
Seriously? C'mon. I expect that shit of Trump, not a police chief.
Leisher
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by Leisher »

I mean, someone here has been pointing out for YEARS that politics are destroying police departments from within. How much you want to beat this female chief was a product of politics rather than skills?

That's not a slam on women, but this is Seattle, so the smart money would be on her appointment having more to do with what's between her legs than what's between her ears.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by TheCatt »

WSJ had an op-ed on the CHAZ today. Basically said "Who cares, let them do whatever they do, it'll probably just fizzle out"
Leisher
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by Leisher »

Please note that the original estimate of 6 city blocks still stands. So it must be more than:
The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone is about 6 tents, baracades left over by police, and 30 people wandering around. Please stop treating it like some revolution, there is a GameStop like a block away ffs, stop larping in our neighborhood
They might be doing this under the wrong president. I could see Trump sending the military.

If they went in shooting, it would be ugly. If they went in and politely built a wall around CHAZ with no way in or out, then put in a demilitarized zone to ensure nothing gets in or out, it'd be fucking hilarious.
Cakedaddy

Minneapolis Burning

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya. Keep those illegals out! If they seceded, they'll need a visa to come back. I hoped they planned ahead and included a grocery store in their country.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Minneapolis Burning

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Ya. Keep those illegals out! If they seceded, they'll need a visa to come back. I hoped they planned ahead and included a grocery store in their country.
Don't forget tariffs.
Leisher wrote: They might be doing this under the wrong president. I could see Trump sending the military.
I think the national guard would be first in line, right?

Seems like a little bit bigger occupy movement. Dunno.