Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: So I need a bad cop to my good cop?

How do I make them feel they're in a worse position? How do you fuck them up emotionally?

Are we talking about negging here?
Even better you're both. Multiple personas. One they meet, one they don't. Or, they just know them as both sides of you, and you're dr Jekyll and mr Hyde.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

President Donald Trump signed four executive orders Saturday, one of which will provide $400 in enhanced unemployment benefits -- 25% of which states are expected to cover -- after Democrats and the White House were unable to reach an agreement on a coronavirus stimulus relief bill this week.

The other three orders he signed include a payroll tax holiday for Americans earning less than $100,000 a year, as well as extending an eviction moratorium and deferring student loan payments.
"I'm taking action to provide an additional or extra $400 a week and expanded benefits, $400. That's generous but we want to take care of our people," Trump said at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.
Nothing like being in a $300,000 membership club to announce $400 / week that the government cannot actually do, as far as I understand the Constitution. I think he can do the 4th one. Pretty sure he cannot do the other 3.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

You can rent the Carmike cinema down here, for up to 20 people, and pick a movie, for like $100.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Appearing Wednesday night on Sean Hannity's show on Fox News, Pence said, "We've already created more jobs in the last three months than Joe Biden and Barack Obama created in their eight years in office."
That is some serious fucking bullshit.

And, if he's taking credit for the 9M jobs "Created" in the past 3 months, is he also taking credit for the 22M "destroyed" in the 2 months prior to that? Ie. Net destruction of 13 million jobs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: And, if he's taking credit for the 9M jobs "Created" in the past 3 months, is he also taking credit for the 22M "destroyed" in the 2 months prior to that? Ie. Net destruction of 13 million jobs.
Yeah, no idea what the fuck they're thinking with this spin.

"Focus on the economy pre-covid. Blame the Dems for the covid spiral." Still spin, but it'd be more realistic and there are tons of sound bites you could use to back it up.

Related question: If a politician ever told the truth would the universe implode?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Another month later, and AAPL + AMZN just announced blow out earnings for Q2 2020.
AAPL hit $2 Trillion market cap today.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2NG3WRHGV8

Worth watching.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

I agree with him completely. So does capitalism.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I agree with him completely. So does capitalism.
Right? Capitalists are supposed to get the rewards of their risks. Without the risks... guess what?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

"Too big to fail" shouldn't exist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Exxon, Pfizer, and Raytheon were all removed from the DJIA. The will be replaced with Amgen, Salesforce, and Honeywell(really?). Biggest surprise for me was the removal of Exxon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

United, AA, and Delta have all scrapped change ticket fees.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

That's a good thing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That's a good thing.
Srsly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

First-time claims for unemployment benefits fell below a million again last week, the Labor Department reported Thursday. This happened before -- in early August -- before claims reversed course and bounced higher.
I didn't read the whole article, but I did read that part. And thought "Ya, no shit they dropped. The $600 expired. Then a couple weeks later, we find out that people are going to get $300, and they shoot back up. Imagine that."
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Still trying to hiring experienced people. Have hired two new techs that did not have the experience I was looking for, but were eager to work. I'm training them as fast as I can. Our work load is about 150% of normal for this period. I expected a strong return as delayed projects were rushed back on schedule. What I didn't anticipate is the COVID related work. We are installing "PSA Speakers" outside of Walmarts so that people hear the message to put on masks and social distance as they enter the stores. CVS locations have made MAJOR upgrades to their Minute Clinic offerings. I don't know if this is COVID related or if they were planning this upgrade all along. Hardware to support drive through testing is being installed at all CVS locations with drive throughs. At this point, I'm seeing more COVID related work than delayed projects coming back on line making me wonder if it will get even busier as people trying to get those projects done this fiscal year. Or, did the COVID work replace previously scheduled projects to keep budgets balanced. . . Not sure. But, we are quickly approaching a normal year in spite of being off for 3 months.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »