Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Saw a recent study/article that said 39% of all jobs (don't remember if that was domestic or international) can now be done from home. That's got to be good for tech stocks.
Well, that, and the rich haven't been nearly as impacted by this thing. They can't go anywhere, so what are they going to do? Buy shit on AMZN + from AAPL.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Good for tech stocks. Bad for American tech workers? Who not just hire the guy in India with no accent and half the salary?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Good for tech stocks. Bad for American tech workers? Who not just hire the guy in India with no accent and half the salary?
American tech workers have never had it better. Those people in India just aren't that good, unless you're doing shit corporate work. (I mean, some of them are obviously good, but there's more demand than good Indians to outsource too as far as I can tell)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Good for tech stocks. Bad for American tech workers? Who not just hire the guy in India with no accent and half the salary?
American tech workers have never had it better. Those people in India just aren't that good, unless you're doing shit corporate work. (I mean, some of them are obviously good, but there's more demand than good Indians to outsource too as far as I can tell)
Agreed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Eurozone contracted by a 40% rate Q2. Ouch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Companies that have announced their employees are working from home until 2021 or forever.

Obviously this list is incomplete as it doesn't seem to include SMBs, companies who have instituted partial "work from home" plans, and/or ones that simply haven't announced anything.

For example, I know the vast majority of Ford engineers are working from home until early 2021.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Companies that have announced their employees are working from home until 2021 or forever.

Obviously this list is incomplete as it doesn't seem to include SMBs, companies who have instituted partial "work from home" plans, and/or ones that simply haven't announced anything.

For example, I know the vast majority of Ford engineers are working from home until early 2021.
I doubt I'll be back in the office this year, especially since it requires a plane trip.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

We've been back at the office. People were not thrilled about it.

Now with numbers skyrocketing and school starting in the online/hybrid fashion people are getting visibly angry when discussing being there.

I've never seen morale at this company so low. Meanwhile, the company president hasn't been in since Jan/Feb.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Meanwhile, the company president hasn't been in since Jan/Feb.
Did he take a leadership class from Trump?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

He's 69 and should be stepping down next year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Then why the FUCK is it so hard to find someone worth hiring?

I'm interviewing people who are making 40% less than what I'm offering. But they need 20% more than what I'm offering to be interested in the job. They remind me of cousin Eddy. They have no skills, shit incomes, etc. But they won't take a decent job that's willing to train because they are holding out for a management position.

I'd blame entitled millennial stuff, but I'm interviewing people from 25 to 55. Also, why the FUCK are you applying for a job that doesn't pay or offer your minimum. The ad states what we pay, the hours offered, benefits available, etc. And I keep hearing "Oh, well I'll need xxxx benefit and yyyy dollars per hour". I guess I'm supposed to say "Oh, because you're so awesome, we'll happily increase this position's compensation. Thank you for bringing YOU to our attention!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Clearly you should advertise something lower, then just agree when they mention your original rate.
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

See, I always thought being honest and fully disclosing all aspects of the job up front would make me a good employer. Clearly I have to lie and trick people into working with us. Let them think they are getting the upper hand immediately.

This is probably the best way to go. I can't think of anything that would go wrong with letting them think they have the upper hand from the first initial interview!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: See, I always thought being honest and fully disclosing all aspects of the job up front would make me a good employer. Clearly I have to lie and trick people into working with us. Let them think they are getting the upper hand immediately.

This is probably the best way to go. I can't think of anything that would go wrong with letting them think they have the upper hand from the first initial interview!
No, see, you have to then make them feel like they're in a worse position for having won the argument. You probably need a 2nd person involved to then try and emotionally fuck them up.

It's just about who is the better manipulator, and by laying out your cards immediately, you've already lost.
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

So I need a bad cop to my good cop?

How do I make them feel they're in a worse position? How do you fuck them up emotionally?

Are we talking about negging here?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Nice solid spin on that headline!