Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Assume the numbers China posts are shit. What's the mortality rate from countries that post accurate info?
Dunno. Some estimates here, but include China
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Are they? I mean, we still believe that virus came from animal markets, right?
Do we?
TheCatt wrote: You're like the NRA right now.
How so? Because PETA can go fuck themselves forever?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: How so?
"Can't talk about a tragedy!
Leisher wrote: Do we?
Yes
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: "Can't talk about a tragedy!
I have no idea what you're on about. You realize I supported Gilbert Godfried making a 9/11 joke on 9/12? Or who supports the "day of the tragedy" tweets by Anthony Jezelnik?

I was simply taking an easy shot at an evil organization I despise.

Also, really...do we?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Human trials for some vaccine are starting, I've heard. So we'll see how it goes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Less confidence it will be contained
Federal health authorities said they now expect a wider spread of the new coronavirus in the U.S. and are preparing for a potential pandemic.

Nancy Messonnier, the CDC’s director of the Center for the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said Tuesday that the agency expects sustained spread and called for efforts to prepare for diagnosing and treating a larger number of cases.

“We expect we will see community spread in this country,” said Dr. Messonnier. “It’s more of a question of when.”

In the U.S., there have been 14 confirmed local cases, with an additional three cases among the passengers from the U.S. chartered flights and 40 from the Diamond Princess cruise ship. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials say the immediate threat to the general public in the U.S. is still low.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Don't be an old male and get it

80+ years old
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

SEX
DEATH RATE *
Male
2.8%
Female
1.7%
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Kudlow says US has got this virus thing wrapped up.
National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow tried on Tuesday to assuage concerns over the cornavirus and its impact on the U.S. economy.

“We have contained this. I won’t say [it’s] airtight, but it’s pretty close to airtight,” Kudlow told CNBC’s Kelly Evans on “The Exchange.” He added that, while the outbreak is a “human tragedy,” it will likely not be an “economic tragedy.”

“There will be some stumbles. We’re looking at numbers; it’s a little iffy,” Kudlow said. “But at the moment ... there’s no supply disruptions out there yet.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Weird to say that the same day they're now calling it a pandemic and some dude at the CDC is saying it will spread across the U.S.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Not worried about it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Weird to say that the same day they're now calling it a pandemic and some dude at the CDC is saying it will spread across the U.S.
Right? Stocks market's down 900 pts two days in a row. (7%) No one believes Trump atm.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Bienvendios a Latin America. Well, I guess I should use Portuguese since it's Brazil, but I don't speak Portuguese.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Portuguese is just Spanish, but louder.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

I laughed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Germany said it was heading for a coronavirus epidemic and could no longer trace all cases, as the number of new infections inside China, where the outbreak originated, was for the first time overtaken by those elsewhere. Germany, which has around 20 cases, said it was already impossible to trace all chains of infection, and Health Minister Jens Spahn urged regional authorities, hospitals and employers to review their pandemic planning. “Large numbers of people have had contact with the patients, and that is a big change to the 16 patients we had until now where the chain could be traced back to the origin in China,” he said. —Reuters
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

“’We’re very very ready for this, for anything, whether it is going to be a breakout of larger proportions or whether or not we’re at that very low level,” Mr. Trump said at a White House briefing surrounded by administration health officials and the vice president. “Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low.”
We are all going to die.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

I think he's right. Our CDC has a higher budget that most countries' GNPs.

This will amount to nothing.