Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wuhan Virus

Post by Leisher »

Maybe on his previous flight someone was farting?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wuhan Virus

Post by TheCatt »

Dude in Boston has Wuhan. Arrived at the Boston airport the same day that I did. Yyyaaayyyy

https://abcnews.go.com/US/8th-us-case-c ... d=68692798
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wuhan Virus

Post by Leisher »

Can I have your stuff?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wuhan Virus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Can I have your stuff?
Probably.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wuhan Virus

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Can I have your stuff?
Probably.
I have some mild congestion in my nose, so this is probably the end of me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Wuhan Virus

Post by Leisher »

Well, you had a good run!
Leisher
Site Admin

Wuhan Virus

Post by Leisher »

The story disappeared from CNN, but China says the U.S. is overreacting to the virus.

In news that seems related...Wuhan Virus deaths now outnumber SARS deaths.
Stranger

Wuhan Virus

Post by Stranger »

This virus is currently having a huge effect on our company and the businesses we support. The only place we can get old electronic components like touchscreens, EL displays, integrated circuits and a bunch of other shit that was manufactured 20+ years ago is from China. Some of these companies have been on shutdown since before the Chinese new year and are now emailing us saying their government is shutting them down for another 3 weeks!

We've got customers that are losing $10,000+ a day from just one of their machines being down and they aren't so happy about it. So maybe we are overrating about the effects it may have on our health here, but the financial burden is surly being felt by many.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Wuhan Virus

Post by TheCatt »

That sucks, hopefully your company keeps going.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

97 people died in one day over the weekend from it.

A cruise ship, with everyone on board, has been quarantined when 135 passengers were found to have it.

My youngest stayed home from school sick today, and I assure you the coronavirus crossed my mind once.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: My youngest stayed home from school sick today, and I assure you the coronavirus crossed my mind once.
Well, good news, I was able to recover from my coronavirus from last week.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Two bits of good news.

1) "Only" 15% of patients with the virus get pneumonia.

2) Burger King closed half it's China locations, which should be a relief to the Chinese.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Burger King closed half it's China locations, which should be a relief to the Chinese.
Wendy's approves this message.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Trump says Coronavirus will be gone by April when the weather gets warmer
The president continued to suggest the Coronavirus outbreak, which has claimed 1,000 lives as of Monday, will be gone by April. He told the crowd that "in theory" once the weather warms up Coronavirus, which he referred to as "the virus," will "miraculously" go away. Trump did not offer any scientific explanation to back up his claim.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

It gets a name
The coronavirus is now called COVID-19, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director general at the World Health Organization announced during a Tuesday news conference.

"Co" stands for coronavirus, "Vi" is for virus and "D" is for disease, Tedros explained. Health officials purposely avoided naming COVID-19 after a geographical location, animal or group of people.
At fist, I thought TAG's name was the latin name for it :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Trump says Coronavirus will be gone by April when the weather gets warmer
The president continued to suggest the Coronavirus outbreak, which has claimed 1,000 lives as of Monday, will be gone by April. He told the crowd that "in theory" once the weather warms up Coronavirus, which he referred to as "the virus," will "miraculously" go away. Trump did not offer any scientific explanation to back up his claim.
BTW, I laughed at this...a lot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Unit 731 back in action!
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Yesterday:
242 deaths
14,000 new cases
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

Yikes. Guess they'll keep issuing stat "corrections" until the epidemic is public.