Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: A friend works in a gym in MI and the whole staff showed up this week to sanitize the shit out of the place. They were done one day from opening.
Yeah, originally gyms were included in Phase 2 of our re-opening, and so they all prepped, and then the Gov announced that they were doing Phase 2 without gyms (and bars). They were mad.
GORDON wrote: Sanitizing gym lasts part of one day. If you don't have people sanitizing after themselves, then a gesture like that is useless.
Yes
GORDON wrote: Since you can't even get people to put the weights back after they use them, won't happen without harsh policing.
Also, yes
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Because people suck.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Personally, I'd like to see harsh policing in gyms. I hate weight-leavers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Personally, I'd like to see harsh policing in gyms. I hate weight-leavers.
WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM?1?1

(According to my state representatives)
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

There are signs to rerack the weights. People who can't read shouldn't be allowed in the gym. I'm elitist like that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Looks pretty crowded, but I wish they always required overhead shots so you can really tell. Zooms always compress the image dramatically.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Got talked into going to a restaurant Friday night. Today they announced two workers that were there Thursday tested positive for C-19. Hooray!
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

J Alexanders!
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Yep
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Got talked into going to a restaurant Friday night. Today they announced two workers that were there Thursday tested positive for C-19. Hooray!
Enjoy your two weeks of self isolation ? I would say "You're probably OK since they were there a different day," but who knows much crossover there was with other employees, and how long they've been sick, etc. Hope you live.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

No self isolation. I had just gotten home from the golf course when I found out. Immediately emailed my boss to let him know. "Thanks for reporting it. Keep sending in your temp daily and wear a mask."

He's extremely pro-caution and doesn't think we should be fully staffed, but he's being outvoted by two other members of the board. One who is a living example of "promote to their level of incompetence" (or however that phrase goes) and the other who hasn't been seen in months as he's quarantining himself in his compound in Virginia.

Seems to me there's now a paper trail, and that's bad for my company. Let's say I am now a carrier. I found out about the outbreak at the restaurant and reported it. I was advised to continue coming in and not self isolate. Now if someone else here gets it, like the woman with stage four cancer (that's not a hypothetical, that's real), and she dies from C-19...paper trail leads to their decision to have someone who was likely exposed continue coming in...
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

The paper trail covers you. Don't worry about the rich folks, they'll be fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: "promote to their level of incompetence" (or however that phrase goes)
Peter Principle.... people "rise" to their level of incompetence, I think, basically the same thing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

That's not what the right wing jackasses on my FB and Twitter feeds say. This is all a giant scam.

It's amazing to me that so many people willingly died just so the New World Order could pretend it was a virus and then take over.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

2:50 p.m.: Party host with COVID-19 spreads virus to at least 8 guests
Rockland County, New York, is seeing a coronavirus cluster attributed to a large party -- one of the many gatherings in the area, county Health Commissioner Dr. Patricia Schnabel said Wednesday.

The host of the party was ill at the time and the virus spread to at least eight others -- all young adults, Schnabel said at a news conference.

MORE: Social distancing isn't a nuisance – it's a privilege
"Large gatherings remain an issue," she said. "The risk for transmission of the virus is high and very real."

Schnabel said some people contacted by health investigators are denying being at the party and are refusing to speak to the investigators.

MORE: How air purifiers and cleaners may help keep you safer indoors from COVID-19
"Many do not answer their cell phones and do not call back," she said. "'Sometimes parents answer for their adult children and promise that they have been home consistently -- when they have not been."

"This must stop," she said. "Unfortunately I am now forced by these circumstances to send subpoenas to the individuals who are required to cooperate with us."
MURICA!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Trump says Coronavirus will be gone by April when the weather gets warmer
The president continued to suggest the Coronavirus outbreak, which has claimed 1,000 lives as of Monday, will be gone by April. He told the crowd that "in theory" once the weather warms up Coronavirus, which he referred to as "the virus," will "miraculously" go away. Trump did not offer any scientific explanation to back up his claim.
He sure called that one.

Decided to re-read this thread from the beginning, but stopped at this one.