Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Da Nang me, Da Nang me. Why don't they get a rope and hang me?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

robin williams good morning vietnam BAM nailed it
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sec of Navy just relieved the commander of the boat who was having a coronavirus outbreak and leaked his letter to the press to get attention.

I know y'all have a military perspective I don't have, but fuck Modly.
He's not being kicked out of the navy, just "re-assigned" according to Modly. It appears he did not leak the letter himself, but "copied too many people on the email, allowing it to be leaked"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

White House advisor Dr. Fauci works 20-hour days and his wife reminds him to eat, sleep and drink water
Almost as many hours as our President works!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have heard people say the coronavirus is cured by eating limes. I thought that was funny.

Mask won't help you against coronavirus.
Interesting how they are changing their minds on that point.

We painted one of our daughter's rooms when the virus was starting, and found 2 10+ year old N95 masks in our painting supplies. I wore one to the store today. I don't love it. I'd say half the people at the grocery were wearing masks of some kind today. 1 or 2 other N95s, a fair amount of surgical, and a couple of improvised (clothing) masks.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I have heard people say the coronavirus is cured by eating limes. I thought that was funny.

Mask won't help you against coronavirus.
Interesting how they are changing their minds on that point.

We painted one of our daughter's rooms when the virus was starting, and found 2 10+ year old N95 masks in our painting supplies. I wore one to the store today. I don't love it. I'd say half the people at the grocery were wearing masks of some kind today. 1 or 2 other N95s, a fair amount of surgical, and a couple of improvised (clothing) masks.
I feel like a lot of people have masks in storage but haven't thought to wear them. I can't believe they were telling people they shouldn't wear masks. It's super obvious that it would be helpful.

I have a bunch of dust-dirty but otherwise totally functional N95s from landscaping.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

My MIL just had made a bunch of surgical masks and sent them over.

I know some other women in the area have been making them in the same manner and sending them to hospitals, urgent care, etc. and they are being accepted and used.

Good enough for them, good enough for me.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

At Thursday's briefing on how the government is responding, Trump's senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner scolded states for not building up their own stockpiles, saying that the "the notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile, it’s not supposed to be states’ stockpiles that they then use."

Earlier Thursday, President Donald Trump had tweeted, "Some have insatiable appetites & are never satisfied (politics?) Remember, we are a backup for them. The complainers should… have been stocked up and ready long before this crisis hit."

But the national stockpile actually is intended for states' use, which was clearly explained on the government's own website -- until the language was changed, without explanation, hours after Kushner provided his inaccurate description.
I mean, what sense does it mean for it to be a federal stockpile if the states don't have access to it? Is it for Puerto Rico, Guam, the USVI, + American Samoa?

Article: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kushner ... dlines_hed
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

Jared Kushner and Ja Rule, two people I really don’t need to hear from during the crisis.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Has anyone found out what Kayne thinks about this mess?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Has anyone found out what Kayne thinks about this mess?
Whoa. I haven't heard that name in months.

Good job, pandemic
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

Walmart is doing store traffic like Ikea now: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wa ... s-n1176461

Others to follow?
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

if I understand this right - 80% of these inbound shipments of PPE we are paying to fast track are being distributed to private sellers who then take bids on them like ebay? That seems a little fucked up.

"This is how we normally do things" doesn't seem to apply in a 100 year plague?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Walmart is doing store traffic like Ikea now: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wa ... s-n1176461

Others to follow?
I went to the Walmart grocery yesterday and they had this laid out but only in the outside not inside the store yet
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote: Walmart is doing store traffic like Ikea now: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wa ... s-n1176461

Others to follow?
I'm ok with this as.long as I won't be funnelled through auto parts when all I need is milk.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Trump says Coronavirus will be gone by April when the weather gets warmer
The president continued to suggest the Coronavirus outbreak, which has claimed 1,000 lives as of Monday, will be gone by April. He told the crowd that "in theory" once the weather warms up Coronavirus, which he referred to as "the virus," will "miraculously" go away. Trump did not offer any scientific explanation to back up his claim.
Trump says he never said this
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote:This will amount to nothing.
Probably.
Going to say it amounted to more than nothing, already.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

About 10 days ago, I heard the predicted peak-deaths day would be April 14. Today I see a prediction of April 16, with 2644 deaths (range of 1,216 to 4,136).

http://www.healthdata.org/covid/updates
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

And what would the numbers without the lockdowns?