Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

My fave one was this petite West Virginia woman. Super-hot. I put myself in a position a few times to engage in chit-chat.... she was from a small mining town, and she married a local neurosurgeon. I never worked out how they met.

They moved to NYC at the end of that year. Sigh.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

Lotta articles about how CA has "flattened the curve" or whatever based on our case count. Definitely not true. We ARE STILL lagging horribly behind on testing. Even though California has a ton of bio-tech labs all over the place.

See here:

I can't explain the low # of deaths per person compared to other states yet though...
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

Local farmer tightly shuts barn door, weeks after horses have run off:

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/c ... -response/
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Local farmer tightly shuts barn door, weeks after horses have run off:

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/c ... -response/
Makes total sense. Florida is the state whose population is at the highest risk to cornoavirus, so why would they quarantine until the virus is out of control? (I hope you all realize that's dripping with sarcasm.)

This asshat needs to be voted out of office.

In other virus news, U.S. Intelligence saying China absolutely covered up how serious this was.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

And everybody else saying, "No shit Sherlock."
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

No A listers yet, but celebs are dying from the coronavirus. Adam Schlesinger

More than 40 spring breakers test positive so far.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Dr Fauci getting security detail due to death threats. Article doesn't say threats from who, implies right wingers who don't want the country shut down.
"(He) doesn't need security, everybody loves them," said Trump. "Besides that, they'd be in big trouble if they ever attacked."
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:Article doesn't say threats from who, implies right wingers who don't want the country shut down.
I believe that, although based upon the rhetoric I'm seeing from my right wing friends, I'd say acceptance is taking over. That being said, I know some left wing folks who don't buy the virus either, so...?
If he knew, not only criminals charges, but his wife should be allowed an immediate divorce. Nothing like having your first kid and finding out your husband is an absolute moron on the same day.

What'll really happen is they'll sue the hospital for not screening him properly and denying him access.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRVvMoEoItU
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Wonder what accounts for the periodicity...Christmas? The x axis is too cramped for me to tell
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Those very uniform non-spike spikes almost look dubious.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Best friend from high school's mom has the virus down in Florida. She's in the hospital now, being moved to isolation.
Cakedaddy

Coronavirus

Post by Cakedaddy »

I wondered the same about that pattern. Hunting seasons? What was the spike in 2-15 that rivaled Sandy Hook?
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

The level of stupidity among the party goers in that video is amazing. Really happy to see YouTube agrees.
TheCatt wrote: Best friend from high school's mom has the virus down in Florida. She's in the hospital now, being moved to isolation.
Just hope for the best now. One of my cousins that I grew up with is a nurse in a Covid ward at a local hospital. She hasn't left it in over two weeks. She refuses to go home and potentially expose her kids or her elderly mother to it.
Cakedaddy wrote: What was the spike in 2-15 that rivaled Sandy Hook?
Probably one of these events.

I'm thinking the nightclub shooting combined with a potential Hillary presidency.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Just hope for the best now.
She already has memory issues and other problems. It's one of those "shell of their former selves" situations. It's hard to let go, but the person is already kinda gone, ugh.
Leisher wrote: She hasn't left it in over two weeks. She refuses to go home and potentially expose her kids or her elderly mother to it.
That has to be tough, but understandable.

Part of me wishes I could just get it, and hopefully be in the 99.5% of people with my stats who are fine. But here's hoping that vaccine really delivers early next year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Sec of Navy just relieved the commander of the boat who was having a coronavirus outbreak and leaked his letter to the press to get attention.

I know y'all have a military perspective I don't have, but fuck Modly.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

I seem to recall some rule about how talking to the press was absolutely forbidden, ever, without command approval.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

The ship made a call at Da Nang on March 5. Who made THAT decision?