Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

I did not mean to imply it was, but that is now happening.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Not sure how legit this page is (they don't have an SSL cert) but the graphs look pretty:
https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Pandemic projected to peak for USA on 4/14.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

The virus has caused my neighborhood to organize and make a few breaks on some larcenies in the area.

1) A cat burglar tried to break into the house of the wrong dude: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/e ... r/2254598/
This burglar had been caught on nextdoor security cams since Q4 2019 breaking into houses in our area. He won't be missed.

2) A ring of Prius catalytic converter thefts - no-one had seen who had would cut these out of the cars - and they were prolific. Until they got caught last night after a worried woman stayed up late and lucked into catching them in the act. Reported the car and boom - the police had an easy go of tracking it down in the non-existent traffic. That never would have happened on a traditional evening.

Yay.... authoritarianism?
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: 1) A cat burglar tried to break into the house of the wrong dude: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/e ... r/2254598/
This burglar had been caught on nextdoor security cams since Q4 2019 breaking into houses in our area. He won't be missed.
No he will not. If you think committing burglary during a lockdown, when everyone is home, is a good idea, the gene pool will be better off without you.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Yay.... authoritarianism?
I mean, China has its plusses...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
Troy wrote: Yay.... authoritarianism?
I mean, China has its plusses...
Found this documentary about COVID-19 quarantine in Bejing after some research. No way we can pull this off voluntarily as a country. We won't get out of this until there's a vaccine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

New cases per day holding steady at ~20k for last 4 days. Maybe it really is the inflection point this time.

(Fixed to 20k, instead of 2k by Catt)

(Wow talk about passive aggressive)
Last edited by thibodeaux on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Bored sports commentators.

The first video is awesome. A great call.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

I would throw my Beagle up against those dogs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

This amused me.

On the /toledo reddit, the Toledo Police started a topic, "How is everyone keeping busy?" This is the top response:
reddit.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Hydroxychloroquine getting some results
For the 62 COVID-19 patients, 46.8% (29 of 62) were male and 53.2% (33 of 62) were female, the mean age was 44.7 (15.3) years. No difference in the age and sex distribution between the control group and the HCQ group. But for TTCR, the body temperature recovery time and the cough remission time were significantly shortened in the HCQ treatment group. Besides, a larger proportion of patients with improved pneumonia in the HCQ treatment group (80.6%, 25 of 32) compared with the control group (54.8%, 17 of 32). Notably, all 4 patients that progressed to severe illness occurred in the control group. However, there were 2 patients with mild adverse reactions in the HCQ treatment group.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

But Drumpffffff
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: I tend to agree with the Ohio numbers, and I think they apply in the other states. A shitload of people will carry it and never go to the hospital for the minimal, or nonexistent, symptoms they show. They won't get counted as "confirmed cases."
I'd suggested it would happen before, but March 13 is where I said that exact thing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

BTW Ohio schools closed until at least May 1.

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20200330/ ... -least-may

A couple weeks ago when my kid was doing remote schooling, I considered getting him a webcam for his PC. He was able to use his phone camera for Zoom conferences, but I recognize a webcam would be easier. But I didn't get him one.

Should have, they're all sold out now and the one I bought is drop-shipping from China.

Side note: one of the girls in his class has a super-high-quality 4k webcam. The students are now old enough to speculate if she's a camgirl.

I wonder about the mom. Lotta trophy wives in the private school functions.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Should have, they're all sold out now and the one I bought is drop-shipping from China.
Tell him now that omegle is just people showing off their dicks.
GORDON wrote: I wonder about the mom. Lotta trophy wives in the private school functions.
Pics?