LAN Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Stupid question: But when gaming, do you use both or one?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by Leisher »

That's not a stupid question. I have toyed around with using both, but typically I stick with just one.

Both would definitely be cool for games where you're piloting or driving something. However, for FPSs the break in the monitor sucks. Also, the screen can actually get too big for games that require focus. So, let's say you're playing Supreme Commander, and you suck at managing everything like me, you'll easily lose track of stuff. Or say Troy is sneaking a large army to flank Gordon, it would be more difficult for Gordon to notice it because your eyes have played games for so long on one screen that the expanded screen can tend to move things out of your muscle memory...if that makes sense.

You do get used to it though. I had far more trouble noticing the edges of the screen when I first got the monitor versus now.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by GORDON »

I looooove dual screen SupCom.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Right now I have 2x27" screens. To get the same real estate in a single screen would be a ~49" ultrawide. Which just seems a little crazy. And no idea how I could get work to buy it.
Leisher
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Right now I have 2x27" screens. To get the same real estate in a single screen would be a ~49" ultrawide. Which just seems a little crazy. And no idea how I could get work to buy it.
The older woman in Customer Service with bad eyes got me to get her a massive wide screen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Right now I have 2x27" screens. To get the same real estate in a single screen would be a ~49" ultrawide. Which just seems a little crazy. And no idea how I could get work to buy it.
The older woman in Customer Service with bad eyes got me to get her a massive wide screen.
I'm only the 3rd oldest at my job. :\
Leisher
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by Leisher »

The 34" ones I linked above are only $700. If your company buys from Dell a lot they probably get even more of a discount...
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The 34" ones I linked above are only $700. If your company buys from Dell a lot they probably get even more of a discount...
Our company is too tiny for discounts. I miss those days. Well, not really, but I miss that aspect of those days :)
Leisher
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: The 34" ones I linked above are only $700. If your company buys from Dell a lot they probably get even more of a discount...
Our company is too tiny for discounts. I miss those days. Well, not really, but I miss that aspect of those days :)
Then you go through a CDW or local vendor who does all the shopping and can get you the better discount. :)

How big is your current company? We're at 117 employees now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: How big is your current company?
15. And we do all our stuff in the cloud. So we only buy desktops + laptops.
Cakedaddy

LAN Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

Could have sworn I posted this last night. Maybe it was in an incorrect thread. Which out of context, would have been funny.

https://www.gotta-scrapinn.com/slumber-party
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Could have sworn I posted this last night. Maybe it was in an incorrect thread. Which out of context, would have been funny.

https://www.gotta-scrapinn.com/slumber-party
Standard Rate: $285.00* Per Person (plus state and county tax)
Vegas is cheaper
During your stay at the Inn you will receive six feet of dedicated well lit working space, available to you 24 hours a day. Also we have a tool room packed with over 200 punches, dies, pens, temples, creative memory cutters, paper trimmers, crop-a-dial, sewing machine, computer and printer. We also just added a Cri-cut expression and over twenty cartridges to choose from. Just bring a mat or purchase one from our store.
Also, I think your interests are not the same as ours :)

But honestly the layout in that slumber party room isn't bad, assuming the desks can be rearranged a bit.
Cakedaddy

LAN Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was reviewing resumes last night, and one applicant is co-owner of that place (husband). That's how I found it.
Leisher
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Vegas is cheaper
I am NOT going to Vegas for a LAN party. That would completely defeat the purpose of the LAN party or going to Vegas.
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Vegas is cheaper
I am NOT going to Vegas for a LAN party. That would completely defeat the purpose of the LAN party or going to Vegas.
I'm just saying...
GORDON
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by GORDON »

Most of the amenities of Vegas would be lost on me, TBH. Not gonna buy a whore, not gonna gamble a ton of money. Don't have time for any sick hikes, and you yahoos couldn't keep up anyway. Would just be an interesting atmosphere for when we left the gaming room for the 2 hours per day.
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

You "can't" get a whore in Vegas, only rest of Nevada.

At anybrate, I was just commenting on how expensive cake's Martha Stewart getaway cost
GORDON
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by GORDON »

That getaway is way overpriced.
Cakedaddy

LAN Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

I didn't even check the price. It was just so perfect, I didn't think it mattered.