Satanism

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Satanism

Post by GORDON »

This seems like a religion I can get behind.

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/tenets
THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS.

- One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
- The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
- One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
- The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
- Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
- People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
- Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Satanism

Post by TheCatt »

That doesn’t feel like the Satan I grew up with
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Satanism

Post by GORDON »

Was hiking in NC a few weeks ago. Came upon a sign on a hillside, one of those "Hikers have died venturing beyind this point!"

It was rather graffitied.

One of the little slogans was, "God loves you!" And I had the urge to want to add, "But Satan wants you to have fun."

So if that becomes a slogan, I made it up.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Satanism

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: That doesn’t feel like the Satan I grew up with
It's an Emo version of an atheist. They aren't content to just not believe in God. They want to be all edgy and high five each other over how upset they get the Christians. Thus they call themselves Satanists.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Cakedaddy

Satanism

Post by Cakedaddy »

That's pretty much the basis of all religions. I'm sure this one will get it right.