Ukraine

For stuff that is general.
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

Might as well make a thread on it. I suspect it'll be in the news quite a bit in the coming weeks.

Biden, Obama Officials Stood to Gain From Ukraine Influence
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Ukraine

Post by Leisher »

Didn't Obama stand to profit from that solar panel company he gave hundreds of millions to while he was in office? I vaguely remember that. I think Gordon was preaching about that one?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Ukraine

Post by GORDON »

No one cared.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ukraine

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Didn't Obama stand to profit from that solar panel company he gave hundreds of millions to while he was in office? I vaguely remember that. I think Gordon was preaching about that one?
No. Unlike our current president, he put his assets into a blind trust, etc.

There was debate as to the legality of some of the moves, and certainly it looked bad that his administration made a bunch of loan guarantees to a company that quickly went kaput. But I have no memory, and couldn't find in a quick google search, any records of personal benefits.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

That was Solyndra. Obama did not directly benefit with that one, but when it went south, they "changed" the bankruptcy rules so that one of the investors (George Kaiser) that was a huge donor of his got to move to the front of the line to get his money from the defunct company before the taxpayers got their loan money back. So he indirectly got paid.

I think we'll find a lot of this in the Ukraine as well. Lots of Obama connected people were protected when the US ambassador told their anti-corruption group who and what they could and could not pursue. That included their being told to stop looking into what happened to the missing $7 billion in aide from the US that had disappeared.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ukraine

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Obama did not directly benefit with that one, but when it went south, they "changed" the bankruptcy rules so that one of the investors (George Kaiser) that was a huge donor of his got to move to the front of the line to get his money from the defunct company before the taxpayers got their loan money back. So he indirectly got paid.
Ah, right. Shady.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

Can't stand Sean Hannity, but he had John Solomon on. He's been doing most of the solid reporting on the Ukraine. Resume includes AP, The Hill, Washington Examiner, lots of awards.

He's reporting that US officials knew back in February of this year that the Ukrainian investigation into Burisma was being reopened. That takes a lot of the wind out of the notion that Trump was pressuring Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden. It was known that they already were.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ukraine

Post by Leisher »

I really think the Dems approach to this is to scorch the Earth. They want Trump taken down, and if it also takes down Biden and tarnishes Obama, they don't give a fuck. They'll happily run Hopping Rabbit Warren against Pence.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

I think there are a lot of people that can get burned by the Ukraine thing and that's part of why they're going scorched earth. Probably a few Republicans as well.
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

Okay, so I'm seeing that Pelosi is telling her caucus that there will be no formal floor vote to launch the impeachment inquiry. This is kind of confusing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ukraine

Post by GORDON »

The bonfire was built and she was dared to light it?
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

I'm wondering if rules of swearing in and subpoenas come in to play for an official inquiry? Or maybe she has numbers that this would be damaging to a number of Dems from purple districts? Like I said, it's confusing that she'd push it this far and then ditch at the last minute.
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

Okay, reading that the lack of a vote doesn't impact subcommittees ability to issue subpoenas and testimony. So thinking this is a "protect dems in purple districts" move.
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

GORDON
Site Admin

Ukraine

Post by GORDON »

Again... what a brilliant way to take an almost untraceable bribe.
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

How 'Whistleblower' May Be Outed: Ties to Biden, Brennan, Schiff's Staff, Etc.

I'm starting to see why the press was becoming unhinged about the photoshop of the dog getting the medal. The press tends to do this with Trump once the current narrative is on the verge of collapsing. If this report about the whistleblower is true, the whole thing's about to collapse.

I told you one of the names to remember was Chalupa. Ciaramella was working with her in 2015-2016 with her Ukraine meddling. So the architect of the Ukrainian quid pro quo conspiracy theory was also a principal in the fabrication of the Russian Collusion conspiracy theory. Yeah, I can't imagine why the Democrats would be trying so hard to keep his name confidential.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ukraine

Post by Leisher »

What is that site's reputation? I was expecting a typical right wing piece, but that seemed actually level headed. It was critical of both sides.

But yeah, pretty damning in terms of the whistleblower's identity.
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: What is that site's reputation? I was expecting a typical right wing piece, but that seemed actually level headed. It was critical of both sides.

But yeah, pretty damning in terms of the whistleblower's identity.
I'm really not sure of their politics. The site editor spent 28 years as a NYT editor, so it'd be hard to paint them as a right wing propaganda site. Not that the left won't as that is their MO with news reports they don't like.
Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

Vince

Ukraine

Post by Vince »

I keep hearing that we pressured Ukraine to fire Lutsenko because he was corrupt, but I've yet to hear any specific example (much less an actual charge) of his corruption. This seems kind of odd. Even in this banana republic sham of an impeachment investigation or hearing or whatever this clown show is we're doing here, they're at least coming up with something specific to accuse Trump of.