General Legal System Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Witness gets murdered days after testifying.

The headline implies it had to do with the trial, and while that could be true, the guy was actually already in hiding due to people wanting him dead.

Where is witness protection for this kid? He might not have needed it from the defendant he testified against, but by appearing in public he was spotlighting himself to people who did want him dead.

I have a hard time not blaming his dead on the court.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I have a hard time not blaming his death on the person who shot him. I mean, they probably could have taken steps to protect his identity, but witsec seems a bit far.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I don't blame the court, but the judge should have probably ordered the cameras off for his testimony.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

SCOTUS hearing LBGTQ cases.

This is from the ACLU, so they clearly have opinions on the subject matter.

My going in position was that LGBTQ is not a protected class (or classes) according to the current Civil Rights law. Although, I think they should be. At least in the LGB sense.

This is an interesting take on LG
When Don called his sister Melissa to tell her he’d been fired, her first reaction was surprise and disbelief. “It’s not legal to fire you because you’re gay,” she told him. And she’s right. Lower courts in both Don’s and Aimee’s cases ruled that their firings violate federal civil rights law, because the employers treated them differently because of their sex. [... I]f Don had been a woman attracted to men, as opposed to a man attracted to men, he would not have been fired for sharing that information with a customer.
I see this a matter of sexuality, not sex. But their argument is that if LG were born opposite sexed and had the same sexual attraction, it would be fine. I kinda buy that argument, but I would still argue they are not being fired for sex, but for sexuality.

As for the T portion of this argument, I don't buy it.

If Congress wants to protect these classes, they should pass the law(s) to do it, imho. It's not the SCOTUS' job to expand the law.
Vince

Post by Vince »

"If I'd been born a sheep, this wouldn't have been beastiality."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: "If I'd been born a sheep, this wouldn't have been beastiality."
- Leisher
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I have a hard time not blaming his death on the person who shot him. I mean, they probably could have taken steps to protect his identity, but witsec seems a bit far.
Obviously that person gets the blame, but if this person didn't want to testify because going public could mean his death, then the prosecutor should have protected him.
TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: "If I'd been born a sheep, this wouldn't have been beastiality."
- Leisher
I mean, have you seen the video? Those are some hot ass sheep.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I mean, have you seen the video? Those are some hot ass sheep.
Well, Vince? Inquiring minds want to know...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"You can't fire me. I suck dicks constantly."

~Leisher, probably.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
I can neither confirm, nor deny...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
I can neither confirm, nor deny...
Sheep fucker ;)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: "You can't fire me. I suck dicks constantly."

~Leisher, probably.
I'm confused. Why would I get fired if I was constantly sucking dicks? Also, if I was constantly sucking them, how did I say that? Must have been you I was sucking if I was still able to talk.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: "You can't fire me. I suck dicks constantly."

~Leisher, probably.
I'm confused. Why would I get fired if I was constantly sucking dicks? Also, if I was constantly sucking them, how did I say that? Must have been you I was sucking if I was still able to talk.
I'll go ahead and quote this. :-D :-O <---- Leisher
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

SCOTUS notes on today's LGBTQ hearing
Justice Samuel Alito, one of the court’s Republican appointees, noted that Congress has had time since the law was first passed to add protections for LGBT workers, and has declined to do so. If the court said the law applied to gay workers, “we will be acting exactly like a legislature,” he said.
I think I have to agree.
In an exchange with Cole, Gorsuch said “I’m with you” on the text of the statute, adding that it it was “really close.” But he expressed reservations about other elements of the case, warning of “massive social upheaval” should the Supreme Court rule for Cole’s client. “That’s an essentially legislative decision,” he added.
Gorsuch seems open to it, but concerned about having a large impact.

Kavanaugh seems to have basically said nothing.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Where is witness protection for this kid? He might not have needed it from the defendant he testified against, but by appearing in public he was spotlighting himself to people who did want him dead.

Joshua Brown, the slain Amber Guyger trial witness, was killed in a drug deal gone wrong, police say

Oh.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: Where is witness protection for this kid? He might not have needed it from the defendant he testified against, but by appearing in public he was spotlighting himself to people who did want him dead.

Joshua Brown, the slain Amber Guyger trial witness, was killed in a drug deal gone wrong, police say

Oh.
I mean, isn't that how cops would cover it up?
After receiving tips, police obtained a search warrant and recovered 12 pounds of marijuana, 143 grams of THC cartridges, and $4,000 in cash from Brown's apartment.
At least we'll prevent some vaping deaths too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Penn State Professor caught having sex with his dog
Matsoukas was identified by rangers who said they linked him to a North Face backpack and a Subaru Outback present in some of the footage from Rothrock State Forest, WTAJ reported.

Authorities said they determined that the collie in the clips from April and May was the same pet investigators found when they searched his home. They also said they found the backpack and an iPad shown in the trail cam pictures.

“I’m done, I’m dead. You don’t understand, I do it to blow off steam,” Matsoukas told rangers from the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources who arrived with a search warrant on June 9, according to WTAJ.

He begged the rangers to shoot him, Fox 43 reported, citing the charging documents.

Cameras that caught Matsoukas were being used to find out who was stealing hand sanitizer at the state park, StateCollege.com reported.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm not an animal fucker, but it has always seemed strange to me that it's ok to eat them, or just kill them for fun, but you better not stick your dick in one, or allow it to stuck its dick in you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:17 am I'm not an animal fucker, but it has always seemed strange to me that it's ok to eat them, or just kill them for fun, but you better not stick your dick in one, or allow it to stuck its dick in you.
Well, in your case, it's because eating it is a one time thing, whereas the sex is an endless cycle of disappointment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Fair enough. But to get the legal system involved seems a bit much.