The Stripper Assumption

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Stripper Assumption

Post by GORDON »

ALl the talk about religion and loving the gays has me low-grade revisiting my old theories that there was a point for traditional marriage, man and woman raising the kids together, and that's where the old societal biases against single mothers and gay marriage were based from. Back in the day, societal stability was often achieved through religious edicts, like about how eating pork is a sin because back in the day you couldn't refrigerate it, and it'd kill you.

Anyway, revisiting the thought, just in the back of my mind, and remembering how everyone here was immune to the argument. Just refused to consider it.

That being said, how true is the old cliche about girl strippers growing up without fathers, and having daddy issues?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Stripper Assumption

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: ALl the talk about religion and loving the gays has me low-grade revisiting my old theories that there was a point for traditional marriage, man and woman raising the kids together, and that's where the old societal biases against single mothers and gay marriage were based from. Back in the day, societal stability was often achieved through religious edicts, like about how eating pork is a sin because back in the day you couldn't refrigerate it, and it'd kill you.

Anyway, revisiting the thought, just in the back of my mind, and remembering how everyone here was immune to the argument. Just refused to consider it.
I don't remember condemning that argument. There's at least some evidence that many of the rules were about daily life and social stability.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Stripper Assumption

Post by GORDON »

No one supported it, or would even address it. I think it was TPR (and maybe malcolm?) actively arguing against it. If no one backs me up, then I assume no one agrees.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Stripper Assumption

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: That being said, how true is the old cliche about girl strippers growing up without fathers, and having daddy issues?
It's pretty true.

There are exceptions, of course, but generally speaking the home life of strippers was "less than ideal". Perhaps a relative molested them, perhaps dad took off, perhaps mom was a whore, etc. I've been with a couple strippers, and none had a good childhood.

There are strippers who know exactly what they're doing, are sexually liberated, make awesome money, know how to play the game, enjoy having that power, and might even get turned on by it. However, they are the rare exception.

Think about sex workers throughout the U.S. The vast, vast majority are victims of sex trafficking, drugged out, turned out, runaways, and so on. Point being, nobody grows up dreaming of being a whore. But again, there are exceptions. Nina Hartley fucking LOVES what she does for a living. One of the big news services just had a big piece on one of the bunnies at the sex ranch in Vegas who adores her job and is the #1 most sought out person in her field.

What's the difference between a stripper and a prostitute? Penetration, and when you think about it, it's because you never discuss the price with the stripper...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The Stripper Assumption

Post by Vince »

There was a younger girl I'd dated that wasn't a stripper when we dated, but had been in the past. She had daddy issues (he'd committed suicide when he'd had custody of her around 5 or 6 years of age), and she always dated older guys. It was major daddy issues with her. To the point of "it's your job to take care of me, but you're not the boss of me".
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren