Cruises

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cruises

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Because Ohio roads suck.
Ohio roads are smoothed over diamonds compared to Pennsylvania and Michigan. Pennsylvania has won "worst roads in the U.S." surveys previously. While Michigan notoriously puts very, very little money into their infrastructure.

When driving in Michigan and you get put onto a dirt road, don't freak out thinking you made a wrong turn, a lot of Michigan roads are dirt roads.

The road issue was a massive deal in my community during the last election cycle. It got the previous commissioner ousted because not only was he putting zero money into road repair, but he also sent out exactly ZERO salt trucks when it would snow. He didn't see the point in "wasting the money".

"Sure that family crashed into a ditch and their infant died, but we saved $100!"
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cruises

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It got the previous commissioner ousted because not only was he putting zero money into road repair, but he also sent out exactly ZERO salt trucks when it would snow. He didn't see the point in "wasting the money".

"Sure that family crashed into a ditch and their infant died, but we saved $100!"
My community does lots of salting + plowing. But we're a minority here in the South. Last big storm, our roads had been plowed twice, and only the main roads in neighboring towns had even been started.
Leisher wrote: Ohio roads are smoothed over diamonds compared to Pennsylvania and Michigan. Pennsylvania has won "worst roads in the U.S." surveys previously. While Michigan notoriously puts very, very little money into their infrastructure.
Honestly, roads suck in most of the country.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cruises

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Honestly, roads suck in most of the country.
They really do.

You should see it around here. It is literally impossible to go anywhere without seeing construction cones.

I have heard that if they just dug 6 inches deeper (or something like that) the roads would last longer and potholes wouldn't be an issue, but they won't because it's job security to have roads that constantly need work. Not sure if that's true, but it seems like it could be true.

I've also heard Europe doesn't have these issues as their roads last longer because they use a different material? However, their roads are supposedly worse on tires?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Cruises

Post by Leisher »

The World

I've got to admit, there's something really appealing about this concept.

Also, how are there not loads of movies about it already?

Ideas:
-The last humans during a zombie apocalypse
-The last humans after an apocalypse
-There's a civil war on board
-A murder mystery
-A serial killer on board
-Rogue waves hit it
-Pirates
-Some kind of Eyes Wide Shut thing where only the Illuminati are welcome on board and they run the world from it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cruises

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Cruises

Post by GORDON »

I like a cruise......... once in a while. I would too soon get tired of sharing walls (bulkheads!) with other people, and be unable to ever get away from them out in a wild space.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Cruises

Post by Leisher »

If you're Carnival or Royal Caribbean, wouldn't it be worth it to take a swing here? Get people to sign up before you pull a ship and convert it to your needs.

And actually, I think I found that because I've heard there are (?) year long cruises already.