Out of curiosity....

For stuff that is general.

Is border enforcement in the USA racist?

Yes, enforcing borders is racist.
20%
No, it is not racist.
80%

Total votes: 5

GORDON
Site Admin

Out of curiosity....

Post by GORDON »

Just checking the DTMan barometer.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Out of curiosity....

Post by Vince »

I want to keep out white people that come here illegally, too.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Out of curiosity....

Post by Leisher »

I really want the yes vote to explain their stance. Perhaps they can change my mind?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Out of curiosity....

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I really want the yes vote to explain their stance. Perhaps they can change my mind?
Troy? I dunno.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Out of curiosity....

Post by Troy »

This is a dumb poll and I didn’t vote in it.
thibodeaux

Out of curiosity....

Post by thibodeaux »

broke: enforcing borders is racist
woke: America is a racist country and we should keep non-whites out for their own safety
GORDON
Site Admin

Out of curiosity....

Post by GORDON »

Is it true that the people who were trying to get into the country can leave the "concentration camp" detention centers at any time, as long as they go back home? Saw that said, somewhere. Don't know how to verify.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Out of curiosity....

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Is it true that the people who were trying to get into the country can leave the "concentration camp" detention centers at any time, as long as they go back home? Saw that said, somewhere. Don't know how to verify.
Aren't they only in the centers to try and get into the US?
GORDON
Site Admin

Out of curiosity....

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Is it true that the people who were trying to get into the country can leave the "concentration camp" detention centers at any time, as long as they go back home? Saw that said, somewhere. Don't know how to verify.
Aren't they only in the centers to try and get into the US?
I'm not sure if it's a holding station for getting in, or a holding station for being sent home. Or both, depending on circumstances?

But apparently there's ovens and gas chambers and shit, according to someone who one would think would be highly educated.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Out of curiosity....

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I'm not sure if it's a holding station for getting in, or a holding station for being sent home. Or both, depending on circumstances?
I thought it was both/either, depending. They want asylum, they wait there. They get caught crossing, maybe they get sent there? Maybe they get sent home?
GORDON wrote: But apparently there's ovens and gas chambers and shit, according to someone who one would think would be highly educated.
You're confusing "concentration camp" with "Nazi concentration camp"
GORDON
Site Admin

Out of curiosity....

Post by GORDON »

I thought the intended imagery comparison was obvious.

Anyway, if they can leave any time they want, then she's even more retarded than I originally thought.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Out of curiosity....

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently it's hard to leave
As of July 2019, migrants are "free to leave" U.S. immigration detention centers and return to their countries of origin, at will.

What's True
It's possible, under a policy called "voluntary departure," for a migrant to obtain an immigration judge's permission to pay for their own flight out of the U.S., as an alternative to being deported.

What's False
Migrants in detention facilities are in the custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and attempting to leave a facility without authorization is a criminal offense. The option of "voluntary departure" is blocked off to many by significant legal and financial barriers, and the entire process is subject to the authority and discretion of immigration officials and courts. Migrants cannot simply "leave at any time."
Vince

Out of curiosity....

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Apparently it's hard to leave
As of July 2019, migrants are "free to leave" U.S. immigration detention centers and return to their countries of origin, at will.

What's True
It's possible, under a policy called "voluntary departure," for a migrant to obtain an immigration judge's permission to pay for their own flight out of the U.S., as an alternative to being deported.

What's False
Migrants in detention facilities are in the custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and attempting to leave a facility without authorization is a criminal offense. The option of "voluntary departure" is blocked off to many by significant legal and financial barriers, and the entire process is subject to the authority and discretion of immigration officials and courts. Migrants cannot simply "leave at any time."
If only there was a way to avoid them.
Vince

Out of curiosity....

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: You're confusing "concentration camp" with "Nazi concentration camp"
Apparently AOC (the one who started the whole "concentration camp" analogy) was also confused since she threw in the phrase "never again" when making the comparison.
GORDON
Site Admin

Out of curiosity....

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Apparently it's hard to leave

What's True

What's False
Though I usually take Snopes with a grain of salt, I will accept that answer.

But as Vince said... "If only there were some way to not leave my country of origin, travel through a number of others, and get caught in a detention center at the US border before requesting asylum. None of us are safe."
thibodeaux

Out of curiosity....

Post by thibodeaux »

Come on guys. These people are just looking for a place to live.
Vince

Out of curiosity....

Post by Vince »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: You're confusing "concentration camp" with "Nazi concentration camp"
Apparently AOC (the one who started the whole "concentration camp" analogy) was also confused since she threw in the phrase "never again" when making the comparison.
Also, someone might want to let Antifa know about the softer, gentler definition of "concentration camp", as the dead Antifa terrorist that attacked the ICE facility had a manifesto filled with AOC's talking points. Including use of the term "concentration camp".
Vince

Out of curiosity....

Post by Vince »