Europe

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Europe

Post by Leisher »

I have no idea where to put this one.

Merkel warns about "dark forces" on the rise.

When the Germans are warning people about shit, shouldn't we be listening?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Europe

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Europe

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Europe

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Europe

Post by GORDON »

There's a paywall half way down. Is it because of all the middle east refugees they took in? They say "Why is that?" a lot, pointedly. Sounds like there's a reason they're not allowed to admit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Europe

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:54 am There's a paywall half way down. Is it because of all the middle east refugees they took in? They say "Why is that?" a lot, pointedly. Sounds like there's a reason they're not allowed to admit.
https://unherd.com/2021/04/swedens-migrant-rape-crisis/
The researchers found that, within that time-frame, a total of 3,039 offenders were convicted of rape+ against a woman in Sweden — nearly all of whom (99.7%) were men. According to the researchers, Swedish-born offenders with Swedish-born parents accounted for 40.8% of the offenders. But, strikingly, almost half of the offenders were born outside of Sweden (47.7%). Of those foreign-born offenders, 34.5% were from the Middle East/North Africa, with 19.1% hailing from the rest of Africa. As a percentage of all convicted perpetrators, therefore, 16.4% were foreign-born individuals from the Middle East/North Africa, and 9.1% were foreign-born individuals from Africa (excluding North Africa).

How far does this signify over-representation? On the basis of population records kept by the official agency Statistics Sweden (SCB), approximately 20% (19.7%) of the Swedish population are foreign-born individuals. Among those convicted of rape and perpetrated rape, the foreign-born account for 47.7% of those convicted — so they are over-represented by a factor of 2.4.
Although, a better comparison would be the # of people in rapey ages, as I would assume most rapes are committed by people, say, 18-34.
Leisher
Site Admin

Europe

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:54 am Is it because of all the middle east refugees they took in?
As Catt's quote of stats shows, they are indeed responsible for a lot of it. In fact, this is apparently a huge problem throughout Europe. Who knew bringing in masses from a culture that looks at women as inferior and property would lead to bad things for women?

I did see an interesting statement regarding immigration where I found that link. It said, "Immigration is not the issue. Mass immigration is the issue because it doesn't allow for immigrants to adapt to their new culture." Very true. Although, if your culture says rape is ok, your culture is shit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Europe

Post by GORDON »

Rumor has it that some young girls of woke persuasion often don't report being raped by foreigners because they don't want the raping foreigners to be discriminated against as being rapey.
GORDON
Site Admin

Europe

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Europe

Post by TheCatt »

I've been saying that for decades.
Leisher
Site Admin

Europe

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:09 pm I've been saying that for decades.
Yep and why comparisons to their style of government, economy, and society is unfair.
GORDON
Site Admin

Europe

Post by GORDON »

And, they are secure under the umbrella of the US military, so their own spending is meager.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Europe

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:54 pm And, they are secure under the umbrella of the US military, so their own spending is meager.
Yeah, that too, NATO. But Trump at least got them to be a little better about it, plus Russia/Ukraine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Europe

Post by TheCatt »

Graph of GDP over time (in Trillions of USD$)

When people ask why we aren't more like Europe, tell them we prefer to have an economy that works.

US GDP is up 66% since the 2008 financial crisis. Europe is up 0%. 15 years without significant economic growth.
GORDON
Site Admin

Europe

Post by GORDON »

Is growth necessary? It looks stable and they don't overwork their people. It isn't like any of that success in the USA is seen by the 3% and lower.
Leisher
Site Admin

Europe

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:29 pm Is growth necessary? It looks stable and they don't overwork their people. It isn't like any of that success in the USA is seen by the 3% and lower.
Fair question.

I would say that growth IS necessary because the cost of running a business is not static. Inflation, the cost of health care for employees, hiring new people, giving out raises, and so on will always increase costs and reduce profits. Point being, you would eventually hit a point where you lose money if you never grew profit.

However, is growth necessary every quarter the way it is currently being done to appease Wall St? No.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Europe

Post by TheCatt »

Growth is absolutely necessary. Or else enjoy being a 2nd world country that can't afford all that socialized medicine + vacation. People generally need about 2% economic growth to feel content. Stagnation feels like going backwards. (per various studies)
GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:29 pm It isn't like any of that success in the USA is seen by the 3% and lower.
USA certainly could do better.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Europe

Post by TheCatt »

I really think Europe is in decline. Visiting Switzerland of all places. So many things don't work, or are 30 years old without upgrades. It sure ain't America.
GORDON
Site Admin

Europe

Post by GORDON »

(Most of them have) They've now gone over 80 years without being bombed to rubble (thanks america). That's like a record for them, and they don't know how to maintain shit long-term. They're accustomed to rebuilding new.

I have a picture from Athens in 1992, large font graffiti in the wall that says "Fuck the USA." I have always kept that in mind when thinking about how europe should be appreciative.
Leisher
Site Admin

Europe

Post by Leisher »

Had some family just return from Italy. They traveled around the entire country, including both coasts. They said that while it was beautiful and they want to go back, some of the things they saw shocked them.

Lots of garbage everywhere. No such thing as rest stops, and instead people just pull off the road and piss/shit there.

They said a lot of things just seemed so backwards, as if the country was still stuck in a time frame from decades ago.