Antisemitism

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Antisemitism

Post by Leisher »

A sketchy "report" from CNN on antisemitism post the recent synagogue shootings.
Our analysis did not include benign searches for information about the news but users seeking material for "Jews must die," "kill Jews," and "I hate Jews," among others, all of which were searched at alarmingly higher rates than normal.
Ok, but that's not really solid evidence of the conclusions they're making. Certainly people were searching those terms for exactly what they're implying. However, people could have easily been searching those terms to see if they're as prevalent as reported.
And as might be expected, postings on sites like 4chan and 8chan that have largely been co-opted by those with far-right views, also saw plenty of discussion about the attacks, though the content was more surprising as well as disturbing.
First of all, trolls exist. You need to figure out the percentage of them before you make conclusions. Secondly, last time I checked one political alignment was more anti-Israel than the other and has their own antisemitic senator. So bringing political leanings into this is a bit self-serving for them, and hurts the effort to get rid of the hate. You can't cure bigotry with bigotry.

The fact that she isn't mentioned anywhere in the article or her comments proves my point.

That all being said, I hope the FBI has microscopes up the asses of all the dipshits on those sites. Fuck them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Antisemitism

Post by GORDON »

I havent looked at the numbers lately, but back during the "OMG AMERICA IS HATING ON MUSLIMS" hysteria, the fact was hate crimes against jews were always way more frequent.

But that doesn't sell papers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Antisemitism

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I havent looked at the numbers lately, but back during the "OMG AMERICA IS HATING ON MUSLIMS" hysteria, the fact was hate crimes against jews were always way more frequent.

But that doesn't sell papers.
They still are higher among Jews. It's pretty chronic in NYC, but not many white Trump supporters there to blame it on, so it goes largely unreported.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Antisemitism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Antisemitism

Post by Vince »

That one was mind numbingly stupid.

Guessing he's off Spielberg's shortlist.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
thibodeaux

Antisemitism

Post by thibodeaux »

He should know better than to criticize The Jews. Duh.