Violence in Politics

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Violence in Politics

Post by Leisher »

People are calling a teenager who committed assault against an Australian senator a "hero".

The senator is the epitome of a xenophobic, bigoted moron, but does that make assault ok? The senator is an easy target that most people who have trouble saying he didn't deserve an egg upside the head, but it's a bad precedent.

Today we hail a kid hitting a bigot with an egg. Tomorrow a "hero" will punch a politician in the face who disagrees with __________. The day after the person that murders a politician for voting one way or the other will be the "hero".

It's a slippery slope, and in today's social media/film everything world, the slope is covered in cooking grease.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Violence in Politics

Post by GORDON »

Breaking the law is cool and good if it's against Nazis.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Violence in Politics

Post by TheCatt »

The guy deserved an egg, but I get your point.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Violence in Politics

Post by Vince »

Progressivism has become a religion. More specifically, a cult. The far left uses the same tactics as Scientologists when someone speaks out against their church.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Violence in Politics

Post by Leisher »

While I abhor the extreme right, I will give them credit for being what they believe. They live the life they say they want.

The extreme left is basically calling everyone bigots, bullies, racists, sexists, fascists, and so on while at the same time burning crosses made of books written by people with differing opinions in the yards of minority women. They're just so full of shit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”