A Higher Power?

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

A Higher Power?

Post by Leisher »

How do we not have a general religion thread?

Proof of God or insanely crazy coincidence?

I mean, that's weird, right?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

A Higher Power?

Post by GORDON »

The asbestos bibles didn't burn?

Alternatively,.fake.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

A Higher Power?

Post by TheCatt »

I was in an apartment fire almost 2 decades ago. The electronics melted completely, furniture destroyed, etc.

The books were relatively unharmed. I think if they are packed together, there's little room for oxygen to make them combust, or something.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

A Higher Power?

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Alternatively,.fake.
I pondered the validity, but if it is fake, it's well done. Burn patterns and where some are singed are perfect. Plus, the firefighters would have to be in on it.
TheCatt wrote: The books were relatively unharmed. I think if they are packed together, there's little room for oxygen to make them combust, or something.
That's true. Stuff that is too densely packed can have trouble igniting. However, check the photos. These, if the photos weren't staged, weren't packed that way. Neither was the cross hanging on the wall. I'm certain science can explain this, and we don't have all the facts, but it's still weird.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

A Higher Power?

Post by TheCatt »

I was looking at the pictures from my fire.

God saved my spices and books. But little else.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

A Higher Power?

Post by Leisher »

He digs knowledge and tasty food.
GORDON
Site Admin

A Higher Power?

Post by GORDON »

I seriously doubt GOD would GAF about the Bible.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

A Higher Power?

Post by Leisher »

Ditto, but incidents like this one reinforce beliefs.

Plus, it would admittedly be a great way for God to "send a sign".
Vince

A Higher Power?

Post by Vince »

As one who believes, I think it's rare that science can't explain things. But I also think that God lives in the coincidences.

I suspect that when the Red Sea parted for the Jews fleeing Egypt that there was a scientific reason for the sea's parting. I think the God part entered with when it parted. And subsequently when it "unparted".
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren