Virginia

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Virginia

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: That was racist, but man, at what point is it actual racism versus tasteless humour?
That's up to the outraged these days.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Virginia

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Virginia

Post by TheCatt »

I do not know what historian told him that was a proper word to use, I've never heard slaves referred to as indentured servants.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Virginia

Post by GORDON »

Two different things. My ancestors were IDs in Georgia in the 1600s.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Virginia

Post by Vince »

Yes, two different things. And the practice of indentured servitude eventually paved the way for legalizing slavery in English law because one of the servants was unwilling to work off his debt. So the judge ruled that the servant's time would never expire.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Virginia

Post by Leisher »

Virginia's first lady hands black people cotton and is now in trouble.

To be fair, that's one side of the story. The other side states that all tour guests get the same experience. If true, fuck the people for trying to get some exposure at the expense of race relations.
Vince

Virginia

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Virginia's first lady hands black people cotton and is now in trouble.

To be fair, that's one side of the story. The other side states that all tour guests get the same experience. If true, fuck the people for trying to get some exposure at the expense of race relations.
I agree that it shouldn't be a big deal if this has always been the tour, but given the toxic nature of discourse today that wasn't a good idea to leave it as is.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren