Advertising backfires

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by Leisher »

Has anyone been watching Miller's response to Bud Light's Super Bowl ads? I've seen a lot of it on Twitter.

Miller is explaining why corn syrup gets used, how it doesn't end up in the beer, that many taste tests have their beer ranked over Bud Light, how they have half the calories as Bud Light, and thanking Bud Light for mentioning them two times in Super Bowl ads. It's the first time Miller Light has been on an ad during the Super Bowl in 20 years.

I've got to think Bud Light might be firing some people after this year.

Plus why would you have the Mountain crush your brand's "knight" and then have the dragon roast your brand's spokespeople for the past few months. I thought that was really odd. Was that a Bud Light commercial or GoT commercial?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Plus why would you have the Mountain crush your brand's "knight" and then have the dragon roast your brand's spokespeople for the past few months. I thought that was really odd. Was that a Bud Light commercial or GoT commercial?
It was a GoT commercial more than anything. Honestly, I thought it was the best commercial of the... (wait for it) knight.

Also, people think "corn syrup" bad. So I think the jury's still out there. Haven't seen Miller's response at all.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Haven't seen Miller's response at all.
Check their Twitter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Haven't seen Miller's response at all.
Check their Twitter.
Hmm. I follow like 13 people on twitter. I like it curated.
Leisher
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by Leisher »

I don't follow them. It's been showing up multiple times daily as "Promoted" content.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I don't follow them. It's been showing up multiple times daily as "Promoted" content.
All my promoted stuff is AWS and technical. I follow 7 people + 6 technology accounts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by Leisher »

I used to get more political stuff, but I dropped every celeb who goes on and on about politics. Now I follow tech stuff, sports teams, and a couple of personalities that do humor, news, sports without politics. Oh, and a couple of gaming news feeds.

I'm guessing beer comes from the sports.
Leisher
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by TheCatt »

Ohhhh, right, I remember reading about Bud Light using rice a long time ago.

Article about all of this
Leisher
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by Leisher »

Advertising people are going to get fired.
Vince

Advertising backfires

Post by Vince »

They should have just rerun the 9/11 tribute commercial.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Advertising people are going to get fired.
No one trusts the NCGA.
Leisher
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Advertising backfires

Post by Leisher »

Coors Light joins in the Bud bashing.