Unpopular opinions

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

And maybe I'm just in a nasty mood, but I think I'll go to that petition site and start one to decree than any human over 400 pounds is no longer allowed to fly commercial, but needs to make an arrangement for a cargo plane. That would probably go over well with everyone, including fat people, when the cargo planes start catering to them and making comfy stalls available with straw and shit on the floor.

I'm still really bitter about that LA --> Detroit flight I took with Cakedaddy, with the fucking mountain in the seat next to me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: And maybe I'm just in a nasty mood, but I think I'll go to that petition site and start one to decree than any human over 400 pounds is no longer allowed to fly commercial, but needs to make an arrangement for a cargo plane
Don't they already have to buy 2 seats if they don't fit?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

I don't know, the guy next to me wasn't required.

I was thinking of that piece of shit who couldn't wipe itself, recently. Buying two seats doesn't fix that. That's a straight livestock-problem. Treat it as such.
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: And maybe I'm just in a nasty mood, but I think I'll go to that petition site and start one to decree than any human over 400 pounds is no longer allowed to fly commercial, but needs to make an arrangement for a cargo plane
Don't they already have to buy 2 seats if they don't fit?
It might depend on the airline.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

Here's one for you:

Nobody is more evil than white people.

(Pause for effect...)

Nobody is less evil than white people either and the world, specifically the asshats in this country, needs to stop pretending this isn't true.

Whitey didn't invent treating people badly. Remember, the first humans were "black" (or simply died in an area that is now all black people). You think they held hands and sang songs together? No they fucking fought, murdered, raped, etc.

No race, creed, sex, country, religion, etc. of people lived in peace and harmony until the crackers showed up. They were all at war murdering and raping others. Stop pretending the world was or would be better without whitey.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by TheCatt »

Dressing up as someone of a different race for Halloween (with makeup or without) is fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by TheCatt »

Wu Tang Clan is over-rated
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wu Tang Clan is over-rated
I immediately tried to name one of their songs, and can't. I think you are right.

Although, they were the PERFECT fit for the Chappelle Show's Racial Draft.
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

By telling fat people to be proud of their bodies you're telling them to continue killing themselves.

Please explain to me how it's different from telling a smoker to keep smoking or a heroin user to keep injecting.
Cakedaddy

Unpopular opinions

Post by Cakedaddy »

So we should make them feel like shit? I think it's more about 'don't live in a cave because you are ashamed of yourself. You are who you are, live a happy life.' than it is 'You are awesome and what you are doing is great. Keep it up!'.

I'm no healthy lifestyle role model, but I don't think I need anyone telling me I should be ashamed of myself and I'm a shitty person because I like pizza and ice cream.
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

You went way too far with that counter. Believe it or not, there is a middle ground. I'm not advocating people running up to fat people and calling them names.

I'm saying we shouldn't act like being obese is something to be celebrated, which is what we are doing. Using fat people as models in clothing catalogs is fine because a lot of people are fat. Should they be in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition? Fuck no. Should an obese man feel no shame wearing a speedo on a beach? No. Should an obese woman wear a bikini and tell everyone how good she looks? No.

Listen, I've got no issue with someone being fine with their body. I have an issue with people declaring they look awesome and I need to believe that as well.

Fuck that.

I'm known chunk/heavier girls who were very much in tune with their sexuality and far more interesting and sexier than walking twigs. I have no issue with that.

I have an issue with people saying having those sticks as role models is wrong. We absolutely should aspire to the "perfect" body and not be comfortable with "whatever".

"But...but...then girls will become anorexic!" Until that overtakes obesity as the #1 killer in this country you're addressing the wrong issue.

So to sum up:
-Hooray for self-confidence
-Hooray for not publicly shaming people
-Boo to pretending obesity isn't a serious fucking health issue
Cakedaddy

Unpopular opinions

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Should they be in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition?
Are they? I honestly don't know.
Leisher wrote: I have an issue with people declaring they look awesome and I need to believe that as well.
Other than black women, I've never been subjected to that. But they're weird.
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Are they? I honestly don't know.
Yeah, they did a plus sized model recently, and I think a transgender one...because that's what America wants.
Cakedaddy wrote: Other than black women, I've never been subjected to that. But they're weird.
I see it a lot and all over the place. Not just with black women.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

Seems like black men really like fat women. I don't get it, but bless their hearts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

One of these pictures is what people should aspire to emulate, in terms of having a healthy body. The other picture is about being comfortable in your own skin, which is awesome, but should not be used as models because they are ridiculously unhealthy. It'd be like showing pictures of people training for marathons while smoking.

By the way Cake, these three women are white...you racist!

Vs.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by TheCatt »

I suggested on reddit that you didn't need a college degree to be successful in life, and way too many people have bought into that delusion.

I got slammed, and basically told that only college education people can make the world work, and only in the field they majored in.
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

So they proved your point for you.
thibodeaux

Unpopular opinions

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: I suggested on reddit...
Under duress, I hope.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

That little meme about "philosphy major $40k in debt, electrician with ) college debt making $80k/year, and one just turned off the other's electricity" really pisses them off.

Fact of the matter is, there's a current generation saying that it's impossible to get started in the job/house market today because the boomers ruined everything, but there's 40 million, 100 IQ peeps doing their jobs and making their house payments... outside of the major, expensive cities.

It's an elegant case of what "intelligence" really means.
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

That was a good post Mr. Gordon.