Costco Thread

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by GORDON »

Let me tell you how Costco gave me $90, yesterday:

A couple months ago, bought a laser printer for $389. Then yesterday, I saw they had it on sale for $299. Damn.

Paid for my stuff, on the way out there was no line at customer service, so I stopped. I asked if Costco had price adjustment... Honestly didn't know. He looked up my purchase... But then apologized, it has to be within 30 days. But then he taught me the work around... I asked him if that was a little dishonest? He said no, corporate doesn't care, and he himself did it with patio furniture, recently. So I did what he said...

I went back into the store, and bought another printer at $299. Paid, walked it directly to customer service, and the same guy did the return for the $389 price I paid 2 months ago.

$90 for 10 minutes of effort.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by GORDON »

If your wife is always cold, go to Costco and get a few Sherpa Throws. Best blanket that has ever been, or ever will be.

I have 3 individual ones, two queen sizes, and one king. They're all over the house.
Cakedaddy

Costco Thread

Post by Cakedaddy »

You must have a small house.
GORDON
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by GORDON »

You haven't seen the size of the king sized blanket. It's big, even for a king sized bed. You could house about 6 full grown male Honduran migrants under it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: If your wife is always cold, go to Costco and get a few Sherpa Throws. Best blanket that has ever been, or ever will be.
Thanks for the X-Mas idea.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by GORDON »

I.got one for my wife, then we got divorced.

Probably a fluke.
Leisher
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by Leisher »

I mean...You've already convinced me to buy it. Stop selling it!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by GORDON »

Costco has romaine
TheCatt
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Costco has romaine
Yeah, as long as it's not from Yuma, CA or something it's showing up
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by Leisher »

Went to a restaurant tonight and all salads were iceberg due to the lack of romaine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by GORDON »

Tried costco Compari tomatoes tonight, out of despair of not having a good grocery store tomato, even from Costco.

Damn, these are 85% as good as a garden tomato. They're small, but worth it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by Leisher »

Costco sold out of those Sherpa Throws.

Gonna be a lot of divorces soon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Went to a restaurant tonight and all salads were iceberg due to the lack of romaine.
Bleck
GORDON
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Costco sold out of those Sherpa Throws.

Gonna be a lot of divorces soon.
Oh snap.

Try online?

I'm under one right now FYI.
GORDON
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by GORDON »

What irritated me the other day is that they do everything big... so they don't sell Twin bed sheets. Plenty of Queen and King, but now Twin. That's just crazy. It isn't like they're selling sheets in bulk.

Clarification: they had one set of twin sheets, but with a cartoony pattern for a 6 year old. My 13 yo wouldn't have liked that.

Oh well. He can live with Walmart sheets.
Leisher
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: He can live with Walmart sheets.
But what will his friends think?
GORDON
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by GORDON »

Depends on why they're in his bed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by GORDON »

Continuing the bed/costco motif....

I woke up today in a bed that wasn't mine. Figured I'd knock out the Costco list on my way home, first thing. I got there five minutes before Google said they were open. Parking lot was packed, and people were already coming out with full carts.

I forgot today was the day before Thanksgiving. And I did the Costco-Shop-of-Shame.
Leisher
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by Leisher »

Cracking down on sharing memberships.

Not sharing like two families doing it correctly, but people lending out their cards.

I'm 100% on Costco's side here. The membership is pretty cheap and pays for itself rapidly. By trying to get out of paying for it, your cheap fuck ass is hurting other Costco members and yourself. The more paying members they have, the better wholesale prices they can get, and that means lower prices for us all.

I would bet a dollar their next move will be to add some financial penalty to people whose cards are used by non-members with revocation being a last straw.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Costco Thread

Post by TheCatt »

I recently got a membership, cuz it was $20. Still not sure what to do with it.

Our local one is SO OVERCROWDED that it's ridiculous. So just been looking for online deals, none yet.