China

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

China

Post by TheCatt »

Every time I read about that researcher being "under investigation" by the Chinese authorities, all I can think is that it's either a) for letting news get out, or b) to accelerate their own gene editing plans.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

China

Post by TheCatt »

That will end well for the Philippines.
Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Right? Maybe he's expecting the UN to protect him.
Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Maybe the Philippines have a shot?
TheCatt
Site Admin

China

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Maybe the Philippines have a shot?
So... is Russia showing up to say STFU, Philippines, or to keep China in check? I never know how to read Sino-Russian relations
GORDON
Site Admin

China

Post by GORDON »

Russia and China share a big border. Neither really wants to go to war, and it would be messy if they did.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

I believe they're there supporting the Philippines because they're trying to woo them away from U.S. influence.

Remember, their president has spoken out about us too.
GORDON
Site Admin

China

Post by GORDON »

I question our "need" to have the Philippines under our influence. If they're smart, they'll remain our allies. If they aren't, then bad luck for them.
Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

Chinese tech giant promotes 12 hour, 6 day work weeks.

He says it's pretty much standard there now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

China

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I believe they're there supporting the Philippines because they're trying to woo them away from U.S. influence.

Remember, their president has spoken out about us too.
Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

China

Post by TheCatt »

Definitely China making those new CFCs, contrary to the Montreal Protocol, signed back in the 80s.
GORDON
Site Admin

China

Post by GORDON »

thanks trump
Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Definitely China making those new CFCs, contrary to the Montreal Protocol, signed back in the 80s.
Water is wet.
Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

China locked down Tiananmen Square for 30 year anniversary.

Just a small reminder that China isn't a great place to live.
TheCatt
Site Admin

China

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: China locked down Tiananmen Square for 30 year anniversary.

Just a small reminder that China isn't a great place to live.
Yeah. Yeah....
Leisher
Site Admin

China

Post by Leisher »

Now running anti-US propaganda.

Issues a warning to its students about studying in the US.

If China eliminates the U.S. from doing business there the people who will suffer most are Chinese companies no longer able to steal secrets.