The Witch Hunt

Post by TheCatt »

Someone took her memes and changed the race:

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by Leisher »

Without socially accepted bigotry towards whites and the right, no way does anyone keep their job after those tweets.

But hey, it was SATIRE!

Can we just FF to the inevitable violence and civil war, because this stupid shit is annoying.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The Witch Hunt

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: But hey, it was SATIRE!
Wait... it wasn't clearly labeled as satire. Wasn't the the shiny new standard of the left?

I'm not big on these SJW Twitter mobs, but I'm okay holding her to her own standards.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

The Witch Hunt

Post by Vince »

Meanwhile, Quinn Norton was not available for comment.
thibodeaux

The Witch Hunt

Post by thibodeaux »

Vince

The Witch Hunt

Post by Vince »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by TheCatt »

On the bright side, someone got banned for anti-white hate
Vince

The Witch Hunt

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: On the bright side, someone got banned for anti-white hate
You're assuming it was for the "Kill all the white people" part and not the "And all the other people" part. At this point the left has gone so batshit crazy I wouldn't be fazed if it was for the latter.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by GORDON »

You don't need rules. You only need.to say they're a Nazi. Then you can do whatever you want to.them.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: On the bright side, someone got banned for anti-white hate
You're assuming it was for the "Kill all the white people" part and not the "And all the other people" part. At this point the left has gone so batshit crazy I wouldn't be fazed if it was for the latter.
I am, given the wording of the warning. But you never know.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Let's try not to derail other threads (like we did with the Marvel movies thread due to James Gunn), and since this seems to be the new tactic, this chain can be about attacks on people for their past.

Trevor Noah under fire for "racist, sexist" joke made in 2013.
James Gunn back as director for GotG 3
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Let's try not to derail other threads (like we did with the Marvel movies thread due to James Gunn), and since this seems to be the new tactic, this chain can be about attacks on people for their past.

Trevor Noah under fire for "racist, sexist" joke made in 2013.
James Gunn back as director for GotG 3
I wonder how Dave Bautista feels about that. I checked and he hasn't weighed in yet. He was ridiculously vocal over Gunn's firing.

I'm glad he's back, but I can't help but wonder if he was forgiven because right wingers caused his dismissal. Had left wingers ousted him, would he be back?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The Witch Hunt

Post by Vince »

Hopefully this goes towards killing MMFA with all their horseshit as well. Otherwise makes a great target for "whataboutism". To be clear, I was only interested in Gunn being fired to establish a scenario for mutually assured destruction if everyone keeps this crap up.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by Leisher »

Reddit gaming thread shuts down for a day to protest bigotry.

Ok cool, but read on...

The mods posted a ton of images of the offending statements they see daily. The vast, vast majority are racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and every other category of offense you can imagine.

However, some of them don't fit this criteria. They're simply other viewpoints, and thus, are considered offensive. Granted, it's a small sample of the stuff posted, but they're there and it's not a good trend. Opposing viewpoints or discussion is a universe away from being offensive or bigotry.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by GORDON »

Ban the offenders. Using my identity bit idea to make the ban stick. End of problem.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Ban the offenders. Using my identity bit idea to make the ban stick. End of problem.
It's easy to ban folks throwing around racial slurs and whatnot, the danger comes when these mods are banning people for simply having different views.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by TheCatt »

Looks like they took down the post of images. I only read a few yesterday, and they were all bannable.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: Ban the offenders. Using my identity bit idea to make the ban stick. End of problem.
It's easy to ban folks throwing around racial slurs and whatnot, the danger comes when these mods are banning people for simply having different views.
I hear you. If it's widely abused, they lose revenue, and the problem is self-correcting.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witch Hunt

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I only read a few yesterday, and they were all bannable.
The first five or so were not, imho. Which was odd, you'd think one would start with the worst stuff at the top.

I was not alone as other people pointed out the same.

Ban for the obvious, always. When you ban for a difference of opinion, you become the problem. Remember the "Malcolm dilemma"?