Dating in your 40s

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

1. Most women in their 40s are looking for husbands. Anything less than full commitment in the first 5 minutes of chat gets you derided as a "typical guy, only wants one thing."

2. Deceptive online pictures are real. Everyone lies. The ones who don't.... while I admire their honesty.... really need to find better pics than, "I am angry and alone, look at my frown" for their dating profiles.

3. Most people online, looking for romance, are gross. Like, 95%.

4. There are a few unicorns out there.

5. The secret seems to be to not send a dick pic, and treat women like they are actual people. Results have been positive.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

6. Prostitutes have moved into the online dating spaces in a big way, since backpage and craiglist shut down.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

I have another friend in his 40s that is dating. He has had success in long term relationships, but they're always with women I would not date. I'll tell you what I tell him: Don't settle.

Be 100% honest and up front. Explain that you're not against a commitment, but you just got divorced and you'd like to take things slow. That doesn't have to mean dating lots of women, certainly not if you find a great one initially. However, rushing into another marriage is not what you want to do out of the gate. And "the one" won't be a woman who is pressuring you to commit right out of the gate.
GORDON wrote: treat women like they are actual people
You completely lost me here. What? Did you write that in English? Makes no sense.
GORDON wrote: craiglist shut down.
Craigslist just shut down their dating area. I still scroll their want ads regularly, particularly for local films/plays. Backpage was apparently just a prostitution site...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by TheCatt »

A while ago my spouse + I talked about adding someone, or experimenting with that, so I signed up for a thing that sends me emails on occasion. (We never moved forward with anything). Sometimes I look, and so far it seems about 95% of the women are simply fat. Of the remaining 5%, most seem to be crazy.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

That's what I meant by gross.

And other dude... I don't ever, EVER see myself getting married again, or living with someone, or locking down. I just got out of that prison.

Unless I can find my rich, hot, young, PhD Harley Quinn cosplayer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I don't ever, EVER see myself getting married again, or living with someone, or locking down. I just got out of that prison.
Let them know that, but know that will immediately eliminate you for 95% of them. They're looking for a companion.

You should probably move to Tinder. Oh shit...sorry forgot who I was talking to...Grinder.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Dating in your 40s

Post by Cakedaddy »

This whole thread is gross.
thibodeaux

Dating in your 40s

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: A while ago my spouse + I talked about adding someone, or experimenting with that
Um...wut?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote:
TheCatt wrote: A while ago my spouse + I talked about adding someone, or experimenting with that
Um...wut?
Don't worry, you weren't on the list
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

One of the women I'm talking to, the 32 yo in Windsor (you wouldn't know her), is attracted to women and wants a partner who will explore those feelings with her.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: One of the women I'm talking to, the 32 yo in Windsor (you wouldn't know her), is attracted to women and wants a partner who will explore those feelings with her.
Fake profile. :)

Maybe she was a stripper last time I was in Windsor? Actually, probably too young. I keep forgetting what age I am
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

Maybe. I'll.let. you know next week.
Troy

Dating in your 40s

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Maybe. I'll.let. you know next week.
godspeed
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: One of the women I'm talking to, the 32 yo in Windsor (you wouldn't know her), is attracted to women and wants a partner who will explore those feelings with her.
I encourage such things.

I hope it works out perfectly and you're not being catfished.

However, if you are, promise us you'll be honest so we can all have a chuckle.
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

Certainly. No shame in getting catfished.... as long as I don't let myself be fooled for a stupidly long period of time, and I don't send any money.

Another observation:

Spoke with a woman for a few days. Then she admitted that she had a boyfriend, wasn't actually going to meet anyone from the dating site, and just used it to get compliments for her self esteem. I admire her honesty... but just damn.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Then she admitted that she had a boyfriend, wasn't actually going to meet anyone from the dating site, and just used it to get compliments for her self esteem. I admire her honesty... but just damn.
Ah, the crazies. Tell her you won't tell if she doesn't :)
Troy

Dating in your 40s

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:

Spoke with a woman for a few days. Then she admitted that she had a boyfriend, wasn't actually going to meet anyone from the dating site, and just used it to get compliments for her self esteem. I admire her honesty... but just damn.
Her logic is kinda fucked. “I have such low self esteem in my current relationship that I’m farming it out online. But my shitty relationship is really important to me and I don’t want to mess it up!”
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

I wonder if anyone has ever noticed, before, this sort of.crazy behavior in women.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I wonder if anyone has ever noticed, before, this sort of.crazy behavior in women.
Probably not. Seems novel.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Certainly. No shame in getting catfished.... as long as I don't let myself be fooled for a stupidly long period of time, and I don't send any money.
Not at all. I'm not worried about you losing money as you're not stupid enough for that. I do worry about you going somewhere and falling prey to scum. Be careful.
Troy wrote: “I have such low self esteem in my current relationship that I’m farming it out online. But my shitty relationship is really important to me and I don’t want to mess it up!”
The fucked up part is the seeking online relationships.

Most people, in relationships or not, typically seek out sexual validation all the time. They just do so in maintaining a certain body image, wearing certain clothes, flirting, etc.