Dating in your 40s

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

I'm probably the most zen person any of you know.

The last few years were difficult.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I realized last night I've never dated an African America or Asian American... or really any minority except my wife.
Holy shit, this whole forum is nothing but racists.

Truthfully, I've never dated a black girl either, but I have had sex with two of them.

Never went to Asian route to my great disappointment. Just never had the opportunity.
GORDON wrote: I'm not going to bother with the lawyer. We have zero in common, aside from the fact she's almost as good looking as me. I'm not going to waste either of our time. Her loss.
I'm guessing she was pretty liberal and you two would have argued a lot.
GORDON wrote: And I almost married a Chinese girl (so there were relations). She's on TV in Cleveland, now. Or, she was a few years ago, last time I was curious.
Yeah, I've seen those ads for the missing women.
TheCatt wrote: Is Zero an amount?
Yes.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Nah, I realized the "i hate everyone equally" people are actually displaying fear and weakness.
This is a ridiculous statement.
GORDON wrote: I got to the point where I could love everyone equally, even if outwardly they were displaying red flags. Don't judge books, right? Now I let them disappoint me with the content of their character, not what they look like, or the color of their skin.
You should not judge people by the color of their skin, but only a fool wouldn't judge a book by its cover. You should and DO get an idea of who you're dealing with. Anyone who says they don't is simply lying.

"Oh, look at those 6 black guys all wearing red sitting there. I'm sure I can walk my lilly white ass right by them while wearing all blue and there won't be an issue."
GORDON wrote: But I let them prove it, before I go around making judgments.
You want this to be true, but it's not. EVERYONE makes judgements, but open minded people will then let the person overcome that judgement.
GORDON wrote: I'm not afraid of anyone. I don't need to hate anyone. But I also don't need to give everyone my attention and energy.
That's why pre-hating them is more efficient. You don't have to waste time and energy figuring them out.
GORDON wrote: I'm probably the most zen person any of you know.
You have mellowed, and you are clearly at peace, but "most zen"? Nah. You're too conservative and still too opinionated. Being too Zen makes you a completely uncaring asshole. Don't be that guy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

You know me not.

(I'd love to see that on Jerry Springer just once, instead of YOU DON'T KNOW ME!)
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: You know me not.
I'll counter with: "You don't know who I know."

BTW, this statement is hilariously judgy in a post about how you're not judgy :D :
GORDON wrote: Nah, I realized the "i hate everyone equally" people are actually displaying fear and weakness.
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

Hate comes from fear. I could link all kinds of Buddhist shit about that, but don't want to.

I fear no one, so I hate no one. Literally everything you tried to say about me in that above post was wrong.

You know me not.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Hate comes from fear.
This is stupid. That man raped my sister, but I don't hate him because I don't fear him. Zero logic.
GORDON wrote: I could link all kinds of Buddhist shit about that, but don't want to.
But it came from religious teachings, so it must be true...
GORDON wrote: I fear no one, so I hate no one.
I hate it when people say this. It's complete bullshit. You simply aren't in situations to fear anyone. A man without fear is an ignorant man. Plus, you're a parent, so I know you don't live without fear, unless you don't love your kid, which I know you do.
GORDON wrote: Literally everything you tried to say about me in that above post was wrong.
Oh, my bad. You get along GREAT with liberals, like all your liberal family members that have cut you out of their life and vice versa. And your statement judging people right about your statement about not judging people is totally not contradictory. And you're totes not opinionated because you're all on board with "that's what America wants". And you're the only person on the planet who doesn't pre-judge people based on their looks. Thus, if you were walking your kid down a dark alley and there was a guy standing there with an axe, a mask on, dead kids around him, and a sign that says "I will murder your kid if you bring him this way", you'd totally keep walking that way with your kid until that guy proved he was bad news. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

Not gonna play. You nailed it, you know me better than I know myself. Nice!

So let's end the derail.

Just made plans to see the social worker saturday night. Had to lie about friday poker night. Sigh.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Not gonna play.
Fair enough, but I'm going to respond. However, I'll do it privately. "Praise in public. Criticize in private."
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

Why would you feel the need to criticize me? Do I need to be corrected about something? Should I feel worse than I do?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Why would you feel the need to criticize me? Do I need to be corrected about something? Should I feel worse than I do?
Such zen. Much Buddha.

:P
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by GORDON »

Too late, already corrected.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

Keep taking shots. It’s very zen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently the cold makes you people pissy.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

No, I'm just a cunt who's busting chops.
Vince

Dating in your 40s

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote:
I'm picky and will happily die alone.
When I was single, there were women that I met that looked pretty good, but within about 30 minutes I realized I didn't want them knowing where I lived. So I started paying as much attention to the things they wrote as the pictures they posted.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: So I started paying as much attention to the things they wrote as the pictures they posted.
That is wise.

I've got to assume finding a single, good, unbroken woman in their 30s and 40s is next to impossible. They've already traveled down the road. You just have to determine how much mileage you're willing to deal with.
Vince

Dating in your 40s

Post by Vince »

True, but by the time you hit your 40's you're probably working on addressing your brokenness, or you're heading towards death or an institution of some sort. So in some ways it makes it easier to recognize the ones you need to steer clear of.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »

We're all heading towards death from the moment we're born. Some people's required laps are just less than others.
Leisher
Site Admin

Dating in your 40s

Post by Leisher »