Page 22 of 28

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:37 pm
by TheCatt

Well, there's not a lot to dislike, unless you're a gig economy or part-time worker, or cannot afford healthcare.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:35 pm
by Vince
Someone was complaining about how the press had been trying to depress the economy there for a while. I commented that they probably did Trump a favor. When people are worried about the economy, they're a bit more cautious. It's when everyone is cruising along thinking the housing market will keep climbing forever that they suddenly find themselves hosed.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:10 pm
by Leisher

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm
by Cakedaddy
They already build the RAM in Michigan. So they are probably just going to build more there. Based on the headline "moving SOME of it's truck production".

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:24 am
by TheCatt
2017 tax cut: Trump promised at least 3% growth. You will be STUNNED to learn we only grew 2.3% last year, the slowest place in 3 years. Totally worth trillions of debt.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:58 pm
by TheCatt
Overheard... It's a MAGA world... Microsoft Apple Google Amazon. Although, I think Tesla should be included, so MAGAT?

Although, google is really Alphabet... but I guess MAAA doesn't have much ring to it.

At any rate, AMZN is back above $1T market cap, up 12.5% after hours, hitting 2100. Whoa.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:44 pm
by Leisher

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:55 pm
by TheCatt
America's biggest credit card keeps going

The budget deficit for the first four months of fiscal 2020 is $389.2 billion, the Treasury Department reported.
That’s a 25% gain from the same period a year ago.
Over the past 12 months, the gap has been nearly $1.1 trillion as the national debt has swelled past $23 trillion.

It's easy to have a good economy by running up the tab.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:02 pm
by GORDON
TheCatt wrote:It's easy to have a good economy by running up the tab.


This exact argument was used as "a good thing" during the obama administration.

No one cares about the deficit any more.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:22 pm
by TheCatt
GORDON wrote:Source of the post This exact argument was used as "a good thing" during the obama administration.

That's not true. We were in a recession, which is the only time the government spending should step in. We're in a very different position today.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:23 pm
by TheCatt
TheCatt wrote:Source of the post No one cares about the deficit any more.

That, however, is true.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:28 pm
by GORDON
TheCatt wrote:Source of the post
GORDON wrote:Source of the post This exact argument was used as "a good thing" during the obama administration.

That's not true. We were in a recession, which is the only time the government spending should step in. We're in a very different position today.


I don't want my individual position, I want all the positions.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:10 pm
by TheCatt
I just realized that out of the FAANGMT stocks, I only own FAGAT directly.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:43 pm
by Leisher

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:57 am
by TheCatt

The value of the share may be anywhere between $2.50 and $200, and fluctuates based on market movements.

My terrible stock was $5.

Also, who's Courtney R, and why did you use your own link?

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:55 am
by Leisher
TheCatt wrote:Source of the post Also, who's Courtney R, and why did you use your own link?


I have no idea. Probably from the Twitter person I stole the link from? I saw it, literally, right when I was shutting down and going to bed. I put it here mainly because I was going to follow up on it when I had more time.

So if you have a link that'll get you some credit, post it and I'll use that one.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:17 am
by TheCatt
Leisher wrote:Source of the post So if you have a link that'll get you some credit, post it and I'll use that one.

Done!

How odd. 44 (in the referall code) is one of my favorite numbers, and was my jersey # I picked in high school for basketball. But I didn't pick it for this.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:17 pm
by Leisher

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:26 pm
by TheCatt
Who knows what's going to happen with coronavirus...

But, the markets sure are taking a hit. Stocks are down 12% from all-time highs. Bonds yields are lowest ever.

I saw Trump blaming the Fed. No one gives a shit if short terms rates are 50-75 basis points lower. They don't know what to do cuz of the virus.

Bad Economic Predictions

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:04 am
by TheCatt
Trump Fed implements 'surprise' 50bp rate cut