Bad Economic Predictions

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

You don't know how much of the grain belt goes through the great lakes.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: You don't know how much of the grain belt goes through the great lakes.
But, I do.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

He knows it, but as a coastal elitist he doesn't respect it. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Apparently.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Congrats on having the 23rd largest port in the US. We'll give Duluth co-championship of the NFC East.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Ok... Thanks?
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Notice how he steers the conversation away from the continued shitting on anything not on the left or right coast towards something he can try and steer to his advantage? This is what the liberal coastal elites do Gordon, don't let him!

:D :D :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Notice how he steers the conversation away from the continued shitting on anything not on the left or right coast towards something he can try and steer to his advantage? This is what the liberal coastal elites do Gordon, don't let him!

:D :D :D
You said yall had a big port. I'm saying it's not even top 20. And it's up on Superior, not even your lake.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

He's still doing it...

It was a big port, shit changes, and it was #11 on the Russian nuke list (thanks to the port and Jeep).

The REAL point here is that all those other ports you looked up, all count, and they're all dark on that map too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The REAL point here is that all those other ports you looked up, all count, and they're all dark on that map too.
No, they aren't. LA + Long Beach are massive ports, 1/3rd of US trade goes through them. Very yellow. Same with Newark, Houston, Seattle, Oakland, Miami, Philly, Baltimore, New Orleans, and other major ports.

Savannah, Norfolk, and Charleston seem to be the only major exceptions, since they aren't very big cities.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

When the civil war happens, and the coasts want to be their own countries, I am going to vote within my local elections to not open trade routes with our former countrymen. Let China feed them.

Our words will be backed with nuclear weapons.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: The REAL point here is that all those other ports you looked up, all count, and they're all dark on that map too.
No, they aren't. LA + Long Beach are massive ports, 1/3rd of US trade goes through them. Very yellow. Same with Newark, Houston, Seattle, Oakland, Miami, Philly, Baltimore, New Orleans, and other major ports.

Savannah, Norfolk, and Charleston seem to be the only major exceptions, since they aren't very big cities.
See, you keep trying to play the dock thing. You'll say "you brought it up!", but still completely ignoring the original point.

Let me make this easy for you:
Your yellow areas can only include things made in those areas, by people who live in those areas, using resources available and harvested in those areas, and so on. I'll take all of the dark areas. Let's see who wins.

That map is every terrible management team in the world who think their sales people are 90% responsible for their company's success.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Yall turn every map into a war. I dunno what's up with the chip on your shoulders.
Cakedaddy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ohio is still mad they won Toledo and have been trying to make it seem like it was a big win and a smart move.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Why u so mad bros
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

I'm just busting chops. I thought that was obvious when I called you a coastal elite.
Cakedaddy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Cakedaddy »

This isn't really a bad economic prediction, as much as a bad economic decision. Put it in here because I don't think it deserves it's own thread.

Wife has wanted a new garbage can for our kitchen for quite some time. Finally pulled the trigger. She bought a $250 garbage can, on sale for $215. More than I would have spent. But whatever makes her happy. Then I learn "Our garbage bags arrived today". They are shipped, from Belgium. At $66/120 bags. Because of course it doesn't take normal garbage bags. At least the bags have cute phrases on them like "Lovely bag looking for attractive bin" and "Ich Bin Ein Bin Liner" or her favorite "Beware. Contains evidence of a fabulous life".

And I'm ignoring anyone that suggests it should have been posted in the "moron" thread.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: They are shipped, from Belgium. At $66/120 bags.
:shock:
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

For that price they'd better be bespoke.
thibodeaux

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by thibodeaux »

GORDON wrote: For that price they'd better be bespoke.
For that price it better drags its own self to the curb on pickup day