Political Science

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Political Science

Post by Leisher »

Question from my Current International Problems class:

"Is Political Science possible?"

The professor and, I assume, an aide are strictly explaining it IS a science.

I disagree, because...me. However, I don't dispute the value of political science nor how it uses scientific method. I just ask "If something has to be described as "not an exact science", can it really be a science?

Here's a statement from another student:
I also agree that science is more trusted because you can re-do the test or experiment until you get the answer you need.
She's cute though.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Political Science

Post by TheCatt »

All of the social sciences are not sciences. I say that as an Econ major married to a Political Science major.

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Political Science

Post by Leisher »

I posted my response a little bit ago. I'm expecting a dissenting opinion since I blatantly say it isn't science.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Political Science

Post by GORDON »

Use Doctor Sheldon Cooper as a citation.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Political Science

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: All of the social sciences are not sciences. I say that as an Econ major married to a Political Science major.

This cartoon is obviously fiction because the mathematician looks like a girl.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Political Science

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: All of the social sciences are not sciences. I say that as an Econ major married to a Political Science major.

This cartoon is obviously fiction because the mathematician looks like a girl.
And she's not Asian