Do you ever feel like people around you move in slow motion?

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just curious.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There are times, yes.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Just curious.
The large, female, black ones, or all of them?
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote:
Wow just wow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Wow just wow.
Am I wrong? Ever been behind two of them?
Vince

Post by Vince »

More and more I feel like I'm the one moving in slow motion.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

So, my kids are typical middle-class suburban white children, whose mother has tried to raise them to Not Be Racist. Now we're sending them to an "inner city" magnet school; the idea, I guess, is that bringing in typical middle-class suburban white children who aren't racist will somehow make the other kids (they're called "base" kids, as in the base populatioin of the school) smarter or something.

Anyway. My favorite quote so far: the base kids walk slow as a group blocking the whole hall.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: So, my kids are typical middle-class suburban white children, whose mother has tried to raise them to Not Be Racist. Now we're sending them to an "inner city" magnet school; the idea, I guess, is that bringing in typical middle-class suburban white children who aren't racist will somehow make the other kids (they're called "base" kids, as in the base populatioin of the school) smarter or something.

Anyway. My favorite quote so far: the base kids walk slow as a group blocking the whole hall.
I thought it was just to assuage the white guilt?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

thibodeaux wrote: So, my kids are typical middle-class suburban white children, whose mother has tried to raise them to Not Be Racist. Now we're sending them to an "inner city" magnet school; the idea, I guess, is that bringing in typical middle-class suburban white children who aren't racist will somehow make the other kids (they're called "base" kids, as in the base populatioin of the school) smarter or something.
I applaud your bravery.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Old people.have been actively working against me, today.

The commute this morning, stuck behind an old man.doing 20 in the 40. Manage to get around him, same thing a half mile.up, different old man. Manage to get around him. Then it happens one more time, a third old man.

About a half hour ago, highway offramp. Turning right with a stop sign, another lane turning left. Old piece of shit in front of me wouldn't turn right... There was a car a quarter mile away, coming. I honk, he won't go. I wait for that car... But now there's another cAr a quarter mile down, and old piece of shit won't turn. I lay on the horn long... Nope. So we wait. .car finally goes by... Old.piece.of.garbage won't turn.

I.had room, I went around him on the left, and fucking turned righ, around him. He followed.

I think it's the damn weather. It's finally.nce and warm and the old garbage that survived the winter are hitting the streets.

If you can't do the speed limit, you need to stay off the fucking roads.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

wow just wow.

But in seriousness...what is it about being old that makes you slow? I notice it more walking around: the geezers can't even fucking walk. Cosby did a bit about how your body hurts all over when you get old, so maybe that's it. Don't know why that would make you drive slow though. Possibly they can't see very well?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Possibly they can't see very well?
They cannot. Also, they cannot react very fast to things.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
Starting at 55, people need to start passing a much more comprehensive driving test every year. If you can't handle what are already slow speeds on the public streets, then you need to not be a hinderance on them.

But the universe balanced me out, more or less. The morning after the above happened, i hit every green light, the next morning. All 36 of them. That has never happened before.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'm just hoping for self driving cars before I get too old.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote:
The vision I get. I'm not sure I understand why reaction time would slow. That seems like a consequence of something besides aging.

Like old people being unable to walk well, and blaming it on loss of balance. I actually think it's loss of muscle strength.

I see this in my mother-in-law. She can't stand up from a sitting position without using her arms. AND...she stumbles all the goddam time.

The wife is pretty bad about pushing with her arms to get up and I'm warning her. SQUAT!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: That seems like a consequence of something besides aging.
Everything gets worse, except wisdom, with age. And even then...

There was some chart / study about this, but I couldn't find it. I mean, there's not 50 year old pro gamers for a reason.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Walking from the convention center to the room daily exposes me to all sorts of fatties, foreigners, the elderly, shoppers, etc. It boggles my mind how many rude people there are in the world. Rude or completely unaware of their surroundings. They just stroll along at whatever pace spreading their group out wide as possible to block all traffic. Stop randomly and mill about in the middle of high traffic areas. Etc.

Apparently I was using my hands to silently "talk" to slow moving people yesterday. I got back to the elevator for the suites and a guy jumped in behind me and said "I was following you from the convention." Your hand signals were hilarious and I used them to know which ways you were going. You were like a lead car.

Speaking of scumbags, at the concert some woman kept grabbing my wife, who then hid in front of me. The woman then started grabbing onto me and eventually her husband tapped me and tried to politely say "She wants to see". I told him and I indicated to my wife "So does she". WTF does he want me to do? Give up our spots to them? My wife already couldn't see. Should I have murdered the 6'5" wearing a cowboy hat in front of us? What makes you think your wife's view is more important than mine or anyone else's?

I fucking hate people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

People are, indeed, the worst.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This is why I recently turned down a concert for me and the kid. The good tickets were already gone before they went on sale, and theres no point getting GA tickets on the floor and he won't be able to see shit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder if they’ll bring movie theatre recliners to concerts one day... I love those things